Other ways to keep the heat in?

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Heynow999
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Heynow999 » Sun 24 May, 2009 08:19

Hi

I am new here. I install solar pool heaters.

I am of course interested in ways to keep a pool warm without using a fossil fuel heater. A solar blanket is a good way and I know about solar fish.

Is there any way you can adjust the jets on the pool to reduce heat loss? What I am thinking is because heat loss is through evaporation, would it lessen heat loss if you pointed the nozzles down to try and lessen the turbulance on the surface of the pool? Would pointing the jets down cause any other problems?

How about turning the pump off at night? Obviously this will save the electricity used to run the pump, but will it reduce evaporation?

Are there any other tips or tricks that can help keep the heat in? I would like to be able to adjust a pool to be as efficient as possible after we install a solar heater

Thanks

Peter

Bjorn
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: My pool is oval 4 x 8m. You can see it here: http://www.poolguide.dk

Postby Bjorn » Sun 21 Jun, 2009 14:36

We use a thermal cover, which cover the water surface at night. This prevents heat loss (almost) on cold nights and also evaporation from the surface. Good and cheap solution, but it takes 2 minutes of work each night. You have to stop the circulation at night then. :wink:

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”