Help! Never ending clouds!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
hannahmak
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby hannahmak » Sun 24 May, 2009 20:11

Hi, I opened my pool several weeks ago after a long winter. As I always do I open it with several bags of shock. 2 weeks later my pool is so cloudy I don't know what to do. I also noticed with my cartridge filter, it's not filtering. I replaced the cartridge and it still seems to be shooting dirty water back into my pool. Please someone help!

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Sun 24 May, 2009 22:03

hannahmak wrote:Hi, I opened my pool several weeks ago after a long winter. As I always do I open it with several bags of shock. 2 weeks later my pool is so cloudy I don't know what to do. I also noticed with my cartridge filter, it's not filtering. I replaced the cartridge and it still seems to be shooting dirty water back into my pool. Please someone help!

Hi,

You need a complete testing of the water so you will have an idea of what needs doing. If you don't have a good test kit for this, bring to a pool store and have them do the testing. Without the testing it is just guessing and throwing chemicals in the pool hoping they will clear it is not a good idea.

If you are sure dirt is coming through the filter, take it apart and make sure everything is in place. It may just be that the pool is so dirty that the return water looks dirty.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”