swamp water!!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
cberwick76

swamp water!!

Postby cberwick76 » Fri 02 Jun, 2006 08:23

Our pool liner ripped and fell into the pool during the windy cold winter...now the water is brown, green and full of leaves - looks just like a swamp! Whats the best way to go about this? I am forever pulling leaves out, the sides are coated with maple keys and junk...backwash and keep adding chemicals or at this point drain and start fresh?

Please help!

greyes4262

Swamp Water

Postby greyes4262 » Tue 06 Jun, 2006 13:21

Been there. Manually remove as much debree (leaves, sticks) with your strainer and run the filter 24 hours. If your pump and filter is in good condition, it should do the trick.
Kurt
I'm new here
I'm new here

music to my ears!

Postby Kurt » Tue 13 Jun, 2006 15:51

I just bought a house a month ago and it came with a 24' above ground pool. I had a really bad day at work the other day, so when I got home, decided I needed some manual labor to cool off :x . I know absolutly nothing about pools but was bound and determined to open mine lastnight :oops: . I ended up letting a bunch of water from on top of the tarp covering the pool in and it looks like.....yup.......swamp water :shock: ! So I am glad to hear that, after some back breaking leaf removal that my filter and vacuum should do the rest! :D
Kurt:D
Oliduz

Postby Oliduz » Thu 22 Jun, 2006 07:49

If you treat it, it will get better.

Pic of my green pool this year, and how it got better over time.

http://s92034643.onlinehome.us/Pool2006/pool.htm

Olidus~
cberwick76

Postby cberwick76 » Sat 24 Jun, 2006 10:42

Those pics were an awesome idea O :) our pool started much like yours (maybe more black than green) but now its nice and blue just like yours :) Took ALOt of chemicals and TLC but we can finally swim - that of course is why its raining now!!!! :(

Thanks all
MarylynCobb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: big size, type for swimmimg

Re: swamp water!!

Postby MarylynCobb » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 10:12

The magic of the theatre world is in the silence behind the curtains. Once I got behind the curtains of the musical show color purple https://thecolorpurpleshow.com/ That took place in Vegas and I understood that the life they played on the stage wasn't a fantasy it was really for some period for those people!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”