Plug stuck in skimmer pipe

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
leanned
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 inground with a hayward pump

Postby leanned » Sat 30 May, 2009 16:25

My husband forgot to take out the plug in our skimmer when we opened the pool and he thought he would do it while the pump was running....huge mistake!!! It sucked the plug intro the pipe and although water seems to be getting through we don't want to wreck anything. We have tried a shop vac, forcing water through with an inch water hose and putting sponges in. All to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would a plumber's snake work?

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sun 31 May, 2009 11:39

so this plug is stuck in the skimmer line going to pump?

if this is the case, get air compressor with nosle that blows air & go to pump pot/basket. Take off lid & remove basket, take nosle and rap t-shirt around it & put it into the top pipe where the water comes from the skimmer. Make sure you have it as air tight as possible and pull trigger nosle which will blow out skimmer line & stuck debris/plug out. You should see a big amount of water shoot up & out of skimmer so have skimmer lid off.
leanned
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 inground with a hayward pump

Postby leanned » Mon 01 Jun, 2009 08:39

yes mr_clean it is stuck in the pipe leading to the pump from the skimmer. We were thinking of an air compressor next but since water was getting through still we weren't sure it would work. Perhaps it would push it along until enough pressure built up and it would move it into view. Keeping our fingers crossed! Thanks!

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”