or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
agar
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Coleman Power Steel 9 X 18 - 4,000 gal - Intex 2100 Sandfilter

Re: Help ME! Brown Water from IRON~

Postby agar » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 10:26

FREE INFO wrote:Invest in a better filter DE or cartridge and you will not have to go do this sort of thing anymore. Sand filters are the worst and take forever to fix a pool.

This hasn't been my experience, My Sand Filter has been wonderful... just gotta make sure you get a sand filter that adequately cycles your water twice in a 6-8 hour span.

mdshcfitch
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30 foot round 20000 gallons above ground pool

Postby mdshcfitch » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 06:15

I have a 20000 gallon above ground pool. I filled it with well water. We had clear water.and I took a sample into the pool center I said my total alkalinity was high and my chlorine was low so I added muriatic acid and shock after I added to shock my pool turned blackish Brown the pool center retested my daughter said my minerals were high so I added some mineral out last night and I woke up today too no change what can I do
gillescl62

Postby gillescl62 » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 15:02

TammyC wrote:I know this question has probably been on this forum 50 times, but I am going crazy trying to figure out how to fix this!
We filled our 15" round above-ground pool from our well. I knew that we had iron in our water, but being new to the pool biz, I didn't know that I had to do anything special.
When the pool was full, I tested and all levels were fine except for chlorine, of course.
So I added chlorine, and BAM- water turns instantly coffee brown with creamer!
So, I called the local pool store, they had me put in a bottle of "Pool Magnet" and told me to keep cleaning the filter.
Does anyone know if this will solve my problem? How long will this take? My daughter is just aching to swim in the new pool!
We've been cleaning the filter every 6 hours or so, and it's only lightening a little.
We're in Wisconsin, so I want this to resolve before it snows again, which shouldn't be long! :D
Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem!
Tammy C

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”