New pool/water/salt

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
smith693
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex Metal Frame
15 x 48"
Intex Saltwater System
Filter pump

New pool/water/salt

Postby smith693 » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 11:50

I bought this pool about 2 weeks ago and they did not have a saltwater system. I went ahead and filled it and waited for them to get a pump in. I just ran the filter. After a week, they still had no system so I ordered one. The water began to get cloudy and when the pump came in- I emptied the pool and started over.

I refilled the pool and added 110 pounds of Morton's ( non-iodized) Table salt- figured it to dissolve quicker than pellets. As soon as the salt hit the water, it became cloudy. I ran the filter pump for 24 hours and then ran the chlorine generator, hoping it would clear. After running the generator for the first 3 hour session-it didn't clear. The generator ran fine- no messages.

I have intex strips ( if anyone could tell me how to properly use them -how long in water etc- that'll help) and it seems that nothing matches up, seems all the readings would be off the chart. Again, this water was put in on Friday and the salt too. Algae or most of the answers should not be a problem.

I can take a sample to a pool store but before that thought I would ask here if this was normal. We have notoriously hard water here and I was just wondering if that was some sort of reaction with the salt and water. I realize this may not be enough info but wondered if anyone had seen this before.

smith693
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex Metal Frame
15 x 48"
Intex Saltwater System
Filter pump

New pool/water/salt

Postby smith693 » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 19:53

Please Please help!!!!

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”