Cloudy Water/Salt Pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Coop82

Cloudy Water/Salt Pool

Postby Coop82 » Tue 09 Jun, 2009 06:09

We have a 16x32 inground vinyl pool, salt water chlorinator... After getting it cleared up for the summer usage, the pump motor went out and we had to replace it. It was clear one day, found leaking motor & cloudy water the next. We cannot get it to clear up, after using algeacide, clarifyer, and 24 hr boost on chlorinator for shocking...at different days and times of course. Latest water test from pool professional are:
FC: 3.6
TC 3.6
PH 7.8
TA 140
Calcium Hardness 175
Stablizer 40
Total Diss Solids 200
Salt 3550 ** We added more salt to the pool Sunday because salt level was 3000 & showed no chlorine on our home test.

Was told to use PH Down to lower ph a little, which we did. I am at my wits end because I don't know what else to do in order to get the water clear... Any suggestions

RMS1
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Cloudy Water/Salt Pool

Postby RMS1 » Sat 22 Aug, 2009 01:48

Coop82 wrote:We have a 16x32 inground vinyl pool, salt water chlorinator... After getting it cleared up for the summer usage, the pump motor went out and we had to replace it. It was clear one day, found leaking motor & cloudy water the next. We cannot get it to clear up, after using algeacide, clarifyer, and 24 hr boost on chlorinator for shocking...at different days and times of course. Latest water test from pool professional are:
FC: 3.6
TC 3.6
PH 7.8
TA 140
Calcium Hardness 175
Stablizer 40
Total Diss Solids 200
Salt 3550 ** We added more salt to the pool Sunday because salt level was 3000 & showed no chlorine on our home test.

Was told to use PH Down to lower ph a little, which we did. I am at my wits end because I don't know what else to do in order to get the water clear... Any suggestions

Your readings seem to be right, although your TA is a bit high. Should be 80-100. What kind of filtration system?

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”