New Pool

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.

New Pool

Postby Guest » Wed 10 Jun, 2009 20:06

hi,
We just bought an easy set Intex 15' x 48" pool, one of the blow up kind,,, and I have NO idea how to start the chemicals or what I need or how I maintain it... I have gone everywhere in this town for help and it's been very frustrating the lack of customer service and knowledge I have received.

So far we put a shock treatment in and that's it. It's been u for 3 days. Now what? I'm confused!!!!

THANKS!!!!

Bjorn
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: My pool is oval 4 x 8m. You can see it here: http://www.poolguide.dk

New Pool

Postby Bjorn » Wed 17 Jun, 2009 16:03

The key is to get a test set to test the pH value and chlorine. With that you can test the most important in order to avoid major water problems. If you do not have the circulation of water, it is a good idea to purchase a small circulation pump to do that. Write a little more about what you have done.
I am from Denmark, but the pool teatment :wink: are similar throughout the world ...!
RMS1
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

New Pool

Postby RMS1 » Mon 17 Aug, 2009 23:07

Pool User wrote:hi,
We just bought an easy set Intex 15' x 48" pool, one of the blow up kind,,, and I have NO idea how to start the chemicals or what I need or how I maintain it... I have gone everywhere in this town for help and it's been very frustrating the lack of customer service and knowledge I have received.

So far we put a shock treatment in and that's it. It's been u for 3 days. Now what? I'm confused!!!!

THANKS!!!!

Great site is http://www.clean-pool-and-spa.com

This will give you the maintenance tips you'll need and everything about chlorine, pH, what to add and when, etc...
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

New Pool

Postby chem geek » Tue 18 Aug, 2009 00:10

Or you can get your questions answered at the Pool School.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”