Foay inground swiming pool water

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.
bige46
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have inground swimming pool and spa and with about 26,000 gl water. I am using pump with 4 cartridge filter

Postby bige46 » Sat 13 Jun, 2009 16:17

Can anybody here tell me what cause the foamy inground swimming pool water? The water itself is super clean and clear. But as soon as I start the filter pump, the foamy stuff begin to apear on the water service.
All chemical readings are good. Could it be, that there is a leak some where on the suction end, therfore the pum is pulling the water and at the same time pulling air with it?

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Sun 14 Jun, 2009 15:27

bige46 wrote:Can anybody here tell me what cause the foamy inground swimming pool water? The water itself is super clean and clear. But as soon as I start the filter pump, the foamy stuff begin to apear on the water service.
All chemical readings are good. Could it be, that there is a leak some where on the suction end, therfore the pum is pulling the water and at the same time pulling air with it?

Hi,

It can be an air leak or even low water level pulling air through the skimmer.

One common reason for foam is the use of an algaecide. Some of the cheaper ones cause foamy water. It will go away after awhile.
bige46
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have inground swimming pool and spa and with about 26,000 gl water. I am using pump with 4 cartridge filter

Postby bige46 » Mon 15 Jun, 2009 04:26

Thanks for quick response. I fixed the problem. It was the Strainer Pressure Test O Ring worn out.

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”