Psi is too high

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.
mariaanderson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We have an inground 26,000 gal. pool. It is an 18x36. We have a heyward system. It is 8 to 9 ft deep.

Psi is too high

Postby mariaanderson » Sun 14 Jun, 2009 16:09

our psi is reading 20 to 25. we are having some problems with our pool since this started. what could be causing this to read high? also being that this is this high could this cause the pool to work improperly?

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Psi is too high

Postby Denali » Sun 14 Jun, 2009 16:56

mariaanderson wrote:our psi is reading 20 to 25. we are having some problems with our pool since this started. what could be causing this to read high? also being that this is this high could this cause the pool to work improperly?

Hi,

What is your normal pressure reading? Pressure goes up on the filter as it gets dirty. What problems are you having with the pool?
mariaanderson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We have an inground 26,000 gal. pool. It is an 18x36. We have a heyward system. It is 8 to 9 ft deep.

Psi is too high

Postby mariaanderson » Sun 14 Jun, 2009 17:14

it is normally 10 to 15. we just checked the sand and it is green. we keep shocking it and following all the directions from our pool place. we got it back right one time and it was fine until the psi went up. since then we have had a green pool. they say we dont have any free chlorine. our ph is a little to high. but even when we had perfect readings the chlorine was still low. do you think that having nasty sand could be the problem?
Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Psi is too high

Postby Denali » Sun 14 Jun, 2009 17:26

mariaanderson wrote:it is normally 10 to 15. we just checked the sand and it is green. we keep shocking it and following all the directions from our pool place. we got it back right one time and it was fine until the psi went up. since then we have had a green pool. they say we dont have any free chlorine. our ph is a little to high. but even when we had perfect readings the chlorine was still low. do you think that having nasty sand could be the problem?

If normal is 10-15 and it's at 25 then the filter needs to be backwashed. You want the pressure back down where it was.

For the pool to clear you need a clean filter and a consistent free chlorine reading. When the chlorine gets low algae can grow and the filter will get dirty.
mariaanderson
I'm new here
I'm new here

Psi is too high

Postby mariaanderson » Sun 14 Jun, 2009 17:50

thanks for the info. we will get right on it. will let you know what happens.
Clay White

Psi is too high

Postby Clay White » Sun 30 May, 2010 16:06

Having similar problem; normal PSI is around 20-25. Pool sweep quits running after 60 minutes and when I check the PSI it is at 35-40. Backwash and turn on filter and sweep and OK for another 60 minutes and then sweep shuts down again. It's driving my crazy. Does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks, Clay

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”