Need help............

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
notapoolman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40, oval inground, vinyl liner....

Need help............

Postby notapoolman » Mon 15 Jun, 2009 07:52

Hi, I am new here and no nothing about pools... I have recently purchased a house with an inground pool. Someone has had the pool filled with dirt. I am wanting to try to get this thing going again. It is a 20x40 oval, vinyl liner inground with fiberglass steps.. I have already began to remove some of the dirt, I have the steps totally free of dirt(and yes they need replacing). It has metal walls that go down bout 42" all the way around the pool. I have got to sand in the shallow end of the pool. I am wanting to know if I am wasting my time or is this worth my while. The pool has no ladders, diving board, pump, filter, etc.. I know i will have to purchase all this at a certain time. The skimmer is still in tact, but it also has dirt in it. I have had a contrator come and look and his price was almost as much as getting a new pool.. Is this something that I could do? The reason the pool was filled, (from what i was told) is that the guy that used to own the house was in a wheelchair and his wife wanted it filled. Any advice would be appreciated.....

Thanx..........

p.s......i can get pics if needed......

notapoolman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40, oval inground, vinyl liner....

Need help............

Postby notapoolman » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 07:13

no anwsers or solutions??

Need help............

Postby ...... » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 09:20

if this is what you want then it is worth it.

know you can sell the dirt to go toward the pool in some areas.
Once you have emptied all the dirt you will know more on what you need to do,

1) refiberglass pool - get 3-4 estimates do not attempt, make sure you understand it's warranty correct all the in's/out's.
2) buy equipment & install - check on line for equipment prices and compare to local places.
3) with you doing all the labor (removing dirt/installing equipment) buying your own equipment you can cut down your pool cost alot.
4) theres instructions/steps on the internet about how to install

the price for your pool to be up and running was probably more than you expected by when they are like yours it's like starting over to pool builders.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”