Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jweigh
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: NEW 12' x 24' x 52" ultra frame intex; salt water filter/pump

Postby jweigh » Mon 08 Aug, 2011 17:48

Pellet wrote:Got the new sand filter saltwater system combo. First unit was dead out of the box. Replacement unit flashes 91, (low salt) withing seconds of starting. Has anyone lowered the salt calibration on this unit? Resistor labeling and controls are different in this unit than the 8110.

Pellet; The SWG( titanium element) is bad. Remove it and check continuity(with an Ohm meter) between connector pins and the edge of the plates. You will most likely find no electrical connection for one or more of the plates. If system is new call Intex and tell them of the condition, they should send a new one.

Jerry

Old English Secretary

Postby Old English Secretary » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:02

REMEDY FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WITH SALTWATER PUMP SYSTEMS THAT WORKS FOR 2 MINS & THEN SHOW LED CODE "90" (MEANING LOW FLOW ETC).
I had this problem for 3 weeks till one of my sons checked the set up.
His explanation was that there are air bubbles in the tubes, which because of gravity, run through top of tube, and therefore run through the sensor which reads it as "air lock / low flow".
His remedy:
1. Ensure the 'normal' water pump is at a slightly higher level than the saltwater pump.
2. TIP UP THE SALTWATER PUMP SO THE BASE IS UPENDED AND FACING TOWARDS THE POOL.
Gravity then ensures that any air bubbles don't go through the tube through the sensor.
After the pool has been running for a while, gently tip it back so it is flat on its base again.

THIS WORKED FOR US! WE NOW HAVE CLEAR WATER IN THE POOL & NO HASSLE. I only put the pumps on for 4 hrs every 2 days or so (the pool is 10' diameter). Only maintenance is sweeping debris from bottom of pool.

Hope this solves the problem for some of you.
loriv
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: intex ultra frame above ground 16x48, salt water combination pump filter system

Postby loriv » Tue 06 Sep, 2011 21:31

NormBarrie wrote:I have a similar problem. My system shut off and is literally dead.. no led at all and flipping the switch on and off does nothing. Would this fix my problem as well?

Did you ever figure this out - mine is doing the same thing.
dnees

Postby dnees » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 14:10

bigcmcarr wrote:This is my second season using the index salt water system. First year no problem!
Open pool this year on May 15th and have had no problems until Aug 1st !
Keep getting a Low salt light. Have tested water serveral times! salt content is fine! Have cleaned the unit as per owner manual monthly with vingar. Currently, water is clear and nice but I cannot get the unit to run because it switches from green light working to red light low salt after just a few minutes when unit is turn on. How do I resolve the red light issue?

Postby Guest » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 14:11

dnees wrote:
bigcmcarr wrote:This is my second season using the index salt water system. First year no problem!
Keep getting a Low salt light. Have tested water serveral times! salt content is fine! Have cleaned the unit as per owner manual monthly with vingar. Currently, water is clear and nice but I cannot get the unit to run because it switches from green light working to red light low salt after just a few minutes when unit is turn on. How do I resolve the red light issue?
dnees wrote:
lisakb

Postby lisakb » Wed 25 Jul, 2012 20:09

Very frustrated with this saltwater system. First one last year worked less than a week and was dead. Intex sent me a new one and worked fine the rest of the summer which was only about a month. This year it worked fine for a month now keeps saying low salt but the salt content is fine.
carmilanes

Postby carmilanes » Sat 13 Apr, 2013 13:43

My saltwater was working fine until yesterday. Today after a heavy rain I tried to turn on and only was tuned on red led "service" just for a moment. Then anything happend. The machine doesn't work.
Where repair this ?
sergio5775
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15X48 above ground pool

Postby sergio5775 » Mon 27 May, 2013 08:59

I have the Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110. It worked perfectly last year but this year I can not turn the unit on. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Mon 27 May, 2013 15:14

I've never put my hands on one of the Intex/Krystal Klear systems, but I've never heard much good about them. Seems you don't find many of them that last longer than a year or two.

One thing I can tell you about saltwater systems is you get what you pay for.

If you really want a decent salt system for your above ground pool, something you will use for the long term - I would suggest the Pool Pilot AG. It's a bit more expensive (600-700 bucks) but it's made by Auto Pilot, one of the best salt systems out there. Comes with a full 1 year warranty and pretty good tech support. If/when something goes wrong the unit is very easy to troubleshoot and get replacement parts for.

-CG
Shane NZ

Postby Shane NZ » Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:31

CS 15110 completely dead.

Transformer used to convert 230V to 110V and no joy with the pump.

Got a new one and dead as a door knob as well.

Anyone have any advice
thumpercolt
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 16x32x52 intex pool with a sand filter pump and a saltwater filter. I tested the TA level that was 240 plus and ph was 7.8 It is a new pool set-up and had not been used yet. What do I need to do to get it ready for swimming?

Postby thumpercolt » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 11:50

NormBarrie wrote:I'd like to start a Facebook page regarding these products.. anyone interested?

Yes, I would be interested. My email is thumpercolt@yahoo.com
StevePool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 x 24 above ground. Intex saltwater pump and sand filtration.

Re: Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Postby StevePool » Sat 18 Jun, 2016 20:42

I have a similar problem with my Intex saltwater system. Goes immediately to "90; low flow" no matter what I do. Someone suggested running it on "recirculation" and see it still shows low flow and doesn't run. I tried it, and yes it still shows low flow, doesn't run. I'm at a loss. And can't get any service visits at this busy time (metro west Boston area.)
wickedredone

Postby wickedredone » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:22

i do love the saltwater system first year was great then middle of second year we have the service problem did all the normal matainance but nothing am trying jerries suggestion now as far as intex or intel goes they are horriable to deal with say they are in clfornia i think a little farther out
mwclarke13
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex ultraframe 18' salt water sand filter

Postby mwclarke13 » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 06:42

Some info:
Intext pump have transformers inverted under pump, these are potted but the potting fails and water gets into transformer and will eventually fail. Pumps may get small leak through pump seal and then pool water can get into it also.
For anyone bypassing the controls running the cell straight off the rectifier, that is not filtered DC, also no auto polarity reversing, every other day at least reverse cell leads also no fuse protection no auto short detection so should wire 8-10 amp fuse in series protect cell from short due to buildup. and make sure keep an aye on recommended salt levels.
mwclarke13
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex ultraframe 18' salt water sand filter

Postby mwclarke13 » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 06:47

Had to replace a previous pump but all controls worked fine
if someone needs can send cheap to cover shipping and effort
main CPU board, Display board with cable, and pump replay board with cable
This is for the E.C.O (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) version not copper electrode version salt sand filter combo pump units.
Manual lists for Model ECO20110-1 & 15110-1
can send pics
if interested contact me @
mwclarke1@yahoo.com

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”