Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
thumpercolt
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 16x32x52 intex pool with a sand filter pump and a saltwater filter. I tested the TA level that was 240 plus and ph was 7.8 It is a new pool set-up and had not been used yet. What do I need to do to get it ready for swimming?

Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Postby thumpercolt » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 11:50

NormBarrie wrote:I'd like to start a Facebook page regarding these products.. anyone interested?

Yes, I would be interested. My email is thumpercolt@yahoo.com

StevePool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 x 24 above ground. Intex saltwater pump and sand filtration.

Re: Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Postby StevePool » Sat 18 Jun, 2016 20:42

I have a similar problem with my Intex saltwater system. Goes immediately to "90; low flow" no matter what I do. Someone suggested running it on "recirculation" and see it still shows low flow and doesn't run. I tried it, and yes it still shows low flow, doesn't run. I'm at a loss. And can't get any service visits at this busy time (metro west Boston area.)
wickedredone

Postby wickedredone » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:22

i do love the saltwater system first year was great then middle of second year we have the service problem did all the normal matainance but nothing am trying jerries suggestion now as far as intex or intel goes they are horriable to deal with say they are in clfornia i think a little farther out
mwclarke13
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex ultraframe 18' salt water sand filter

Postby mwclarke13 » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 06:42

Some info:
Intext pump have transformers inverted under pump, these are potted but the potting fails and water gets into transformer and will eventually fail. Pumps may get small leak through pump seal and then pool water can get into it also.
For anyone bypassing the controls running the cell straight off the rectifier, that is not filtered DC, also no auto polarity reversing, every other day at least reverse cell leads also no fuse protection no auto short detection so should wire 8-10 amp fuse in series protect cell from short due to buildup. and make sure keep an aye on recommended salt levels.
mwclarke13
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mwclarke13 » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 06:47

Had to replace a previous pump but all controls worked fine
if someone needs can send cheap to cover shipping and effort
main CPU board, Display board with cable, and pump replay board with cable
This is for the E.C.O (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) version not copper electrode version salt sand filter combo pump units.
Manual lists for Model ECO20110-1 & 15110-1
can send pics
if interested contact me @
mwclarke1@yahoo.com
mwclarke13
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mwclarke13 » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 06:59

Interesting info on the intex salt water system.
There is design problem with the way they decided to check salt levels, measuring the current going to the cell, the method and circuit is not very reliable and the tolerances are too tight why can get the low or high salt very easily. older boards were able to install a pot to adjust newer version almost impossible uses surface mounted resistors. so do not trust the indicators always test the salt levels to verify. I also so not trust just any pool place caught several saying I was low sold me salt and was not low.
the issue with their system is I wish could keep pump running manually regardless of what the controller wants.
If knowledgeable open the top housing insert amp meter on one of the cell leads should read around 3.8 amps for normal, 3.7 - 3.86 but that is what I saw on my system so use as a reference not an absolute value.
The controller wants to see within a specific limit too much salt can cause excessive current so will shut down not sure why they shutdown on low salt ?
Intex32x16poolguy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex 32x16 saltwater

Postby Intex32x16poolguy » Sat 15 Aug, 2020 20:23

I've had my saltwater Pool 32x16 now for 3 seasons. Up until yesterday it was flawless. I finally got the code 91 low salt error. I knew there was something wrong with the salt sensor because I check my salt level weekly with a digital tester. It has hovered around 3500 to 4000 ppm since I put it up. I of course went online to try and figure out what was the failure mode and the fix. I decided to disassemble the upper portion of the controller, very easy activity anyone can do this. Upon disassembly I found corrosion on two terminals of the power supply to both chlorine generators. I assumed that was the problem. I cleaned all the terminal connections. I then reconnected the wiring and without reinstalling the housing I tested the system. The Pump started as designed and the chlorination started as designed. In about one minute I got the "Low Salt" error code 91 with the alarm. I decided to bypass the salt sensors completely. Now, lots of people here have said this is and easy fix to a very common problem, well, it is if you are familiar with disconnecting wiring, removing connecters and splicing wires, piece of cake. I do it for a living and it was simple for me. I would not recommend the inexperienced do it yourselfer to try it. That being said, its several steps. Remove the wires to the salt sensors, one black and one white on each sensor. Connect the wires to the power supply to the pump. Keep in mind that the alarm and high salt indicator will still function after this rework. I'm new to the forum so I don't know how to attach pictures.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”