Non Chlorine systems (ie OXI and the like)

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.

Non Chlorine systems (ie OXI and the like)

Postby Guest » Sun 04 Jun, 2006 08:40

Hi,
Thank you for having this forum. I am a new pool owner and it has been the most helpfull site I have found!

I was told yesterday there is a system of non-chlorine system that you only have to put the solution in at the start and of the end the year. Is this true and if so how does it work to keep the pool safe?

Thank you
Chad
PS I also have no CL readings after SHOCKING,SHOCKING and SHOCKING but I am going to try the advice you have posted and I will report back.
Thank you
Chad

Re: Non Chlorine systems (ie OXI and the like)

Postby Guest » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:14

No. The only thing that comes even close to that is SALT.

Re: Non Chlorine systems (ie OXI and the like)

Postby Guest » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:15

Anonymous wrote:No. The only thing that comes even close to that is SALT.
What kind of pool do you have ?

Postby Guest » Sun 13 Aug, 2006 10:24

A salt system MAKES chlorine. When you test a salt system you test it using a free cl agent. You need to add tons of salt. 100's of pounds. If you don't like it you have to drain it. If you don't want to use chlorine-------

-Baquacil: Many people think it's incredibly expensive. If you're buying your chlorine at a hardware store or at wal-mart it is expensive. Compared to pool store products it's about the same. It's not affected by heat or sunlight. Better for you liner and on your skin and eyes. You add it less often than chlorine and is STABLE. I love it. If you neglect it it will give you a headache.
You liner will love you for it.

-Bromine: Most bromine is 66% chlorine. Smell it- smells like chlorine! A product I deal with is called PureBrom. No algicide, and no shocking (well 1 at closing 1 at opening). No smell, stable, more neutral. It IS pretty expensive. 1 Bucket runs about 170 bucks, use probably 5 a season. It's an easy system.

Return to “Chlorine”