Sand Filter 2

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
dino2dy

Sand Filter 2

Postby dino2dy » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 12:10

I have a sand filter (before you start, I read the sand filter post but I have a different question). I tried changing the sand but, not knowing, I put the sand in first. The problem is that I cant fit the laterals into the bottom of the filter triangle thingy with 3 bags of sand in the filter. What do I do? Do I have to clean out the sand and if so how do I put it back in without removing the lateral because I can't remove it, its connected to the pipe and I can't seem to remove it. And even if I do, when Im putting in the sand, Ill still have to dig through it with the laterals to get it to the bottom and fit it into the triangle. I sipped a little bit of water just to see if it would make it easier to dig but it doesn't seem to have, it seems to only make it harder to dig through the sand. I read that you're supposed to first put half a tank of water and then put sand in, but wouldn't that give you the same problem? Because to put the sand in I have to raise the lateral, and then I have to put it back and push it into the bottom triangle slot its supposed to be, and doing it with water first sand second, won't change that will it?
Anyhoo I appreciate any help you guys give, me I will be online so feel free to post immediately if you have any questions.

dino2dy

Sand Filter 2

Postby dino2dy » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 13:19

How do I remove the control valve from the pipe, do I take out the bolts on top or can I somehow do it without dissasembling the control valve?
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Sand Filter 2

Postby Me... » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 19:19

First you should post what the model number of the filter is. Usually the laterals, which are the slotted pipes sticking out from the center, unscrew from the hub.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”