ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
GLEN E
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 x 35 salt pool

Help! New aqua rite - how to test cell?

Postby GLEN E » Sat 11 Jul, 2009 17:02

Hello!

New here - I had a aqua rite chlorinator installed last week. It has been going a week now and the pool water tests OK with salt at 3200 ppm. I can't get a reading of FC larger than 0.0 or 0.5 even when we set the unit at 100% production for days and run it for 12 hrs a day. I'm wondering if the cell is working. Any ideas on how to test it? It is giving me the "on" and "producing chlorine" lights. All appears as it is supposed to....It is 92 degrees here every day but.....should not I see some FC?

thx

Glen E
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
15 x 35 SW pool
Hayward/Aqua Rite -Filter/Chlorinator
texpool

Postby texpool » Fri 14 Aug, 2009 15:56

I have the same problem. I live in Dallas. my old cell went out and I replaced it and now I get no chlorine generation with the new cell. Had the pool company come out and the said I needed a new system. I went for it and it is doing the samething. No chlorine.
GLEN E
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 x 35 salt pool

Postby GLEN E » Fri 14 Aug, 2009 17:03

solved my problem - cell was fine - pool was just totally devoid of chlorine - 3 gallons of chlorine 2 weekends in a row got it back - now holding 5.0 ppm on 50% AQUA RITE setting
Glen E
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
15 x 35 SW pool
Hayward/Aqua Rite -Filter/Chlorinator
thepoolyoda

Postby thepoolyoda » Mon 24 Aug, 2009 17:09

you always have to shock if the chlorine level is at 0ppm the generator cant make up for that o reading, anytime you are going to have a party it is suggested you shock before and after (i prefer just after)

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”