CHLORINE PROBLEM

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
TYSGRANNY

CHLORINE PROBLEM

Postby TYSGRANNY » Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:35

I HAVE A 12 FT BY 30 INCH POOL. I CHECK MY WATER AT LEAST EVERY OTHER DAY, IF NOT EVERY DAY. MY CHLORINE LEVEL IS DARK ORANGE INSTEAD OF YELLOW LIKE IT USUALLY IS. I USE THE DROPS TO TEST THE WATER. WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE ?? THANKS, TYS GRANNY

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Chlorine Problem

Postby Denali » Sun 12 Jul, 2009 21:13

tysgranny wrote:i have a 12 ft by 30 inch pool. I check my water at least every other day, if not every day. My chlorine level is dark orange instead of yellow like it usually is. I use the drops to test the water. What could the problem be ?? Thanks, tys granny

hi,

the orange color means you have a high chlorine level. Is your water clear? If so, just let the chlorine level drop on its own. Don't add more till you get to a lower chlorine level.

CHLORINE PROBLEM

Postby Guest » Tue 14 Jul, 2009 14:41

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. YES MY WATER IS VERY CLEAR. THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! TYSGRANNY

CHLORINE PROBLEM

Postby Guest » Sun 23 Aug, 2009 13:49

ALL BLUE POOLS
VINYL LINER POOLS DONOT NEED LOT OF CHLORINE TO MAINTAIN THE CHLORINE YOO MUCH CHLORINE WILL DAMAGE THE LINER. YOU CAN ADD 3 BAGS OF SALT AND YOU WILL NVER FEEL THE HIGH CHLORINE LEVEL IN THE POOL NO RED EYES NO ITCHY SKIN. IFF YOU JUST WANT LOWER CHLORINE ADD 1/2 GAL HOUSE HOLD AMMONIA AND GIVE IT 4 HOURS TO RESET. ALSO THE PH WHAT IS TGE PH?? USE TEST STRIPS NOT DROPS USE "AQUA-CHECK" WITH A YELLOW CAP LINER POOLS WILL HAVE A PH PROBLEM ADD 20 MULE TEAM BORAX TO RAISE PH NO CLOUDING OF WATER GREAT RESULTS. ALAN :thumbup:
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

CHLORINE PROBLEM

Postby chem geek » Sun 23 Aug, 2009 17:05

Penny

Chlorine Problem

Postby Penny » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 14:39

Denali wrote:
tysgranny wrote:i have a 12 ft by 30 inch pool. I check my water at least every other day, if not every day. My chlorine level is dark orange instead of yellow like it usually is. I use the drops to test the water. What could the problem be ?? Thanks, tys granny

hi,

the orange color means you have a high chlorine level. Is your water clear? If so, just let the chlorine level drop on its own. Don't add more till you get to a lower chlorine level.

Can u still swim with it in the orange or do u have to wait? and if so how long till u can swim?
Penny Gonzalez

CHLORINE PROBLEM

Postby Penny Gonzalez » Mon 06 Jun, 2011 14:48

even though its orange can u still swim in it or if I have to wait how long til u can swim and how can u slove the problem not get to much chlorine I have a 12 by 3.5 vinle pool i use the bag of shock like it said too sry Iam new at this ty
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

CHLORINE PROBLEM

Postby chem geek » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 21:43

Orange in the OTO chlorine test is high chlorine, > 10 ppm. You probably should not swim in it. If you know the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) aka stabilizer or conditioner level, then if that's high such as 80 or 100 ppm then the high chlorine level would not be a problem, but the high CYA would make the chlorine less effective so while swimmable it would be hard to shock the pool if you ever got algae. You should really get a better test kit, either the Taylor K-2006 or the TFTestkits TF-100.

Return to “Chlorine”