Sand in pool from filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
bparker44

Sand in pool from filter

Postby bparker44 » Mon 13 Jul, 2009 17:54

Hello,
I have a Hayward S180T sand filter and noticed that sand was getting in the pool. I read some posts and decided to empty the filter of sand and water. I discovered that the vertical pipe was broken in many places. The laterals are in great shape. I looked at a few sites for replacement parts and it looks like that you have to buy the pipe along with the laterals as a whole unit for around $50.00. My question is that pipe looks like a regular pvc pipe that is 2" in diameter and 16" long. If I was able to install a new piece of pipe does it need to be glued in place? It sure doesn't look like it was. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

mypoolsupplyguys
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Sand in pool from filter

Postby mypoolsupplyguys » Fri 28 Aug, 2009 16:06

I have these in stock, and can ge them out the same day.

Hayward Lateral Assy W/Center Pipe
victor678
I'm new here
I'm new here

Sand in pool from filter

Postby victor678 » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 18:52

bparker44 wrote:Hello,
I have a Hayward S180T sand filter and noticed that sand was getting in the pool. I read some posts and decided to empty the filter of sand and water. I discovered that the vertical pipe was broken in many places. The laterals are in great shape. I looked at a few sites for replacement parts and it looks like that you have to buy the pipe along with the laterals as a whole unit for around $50.00. My question is that pipe looks like a regular pvc pipe that is 2" in diameter and 16" long. If I was able to install a new piece of pipe does it need to be glued in place? It sure doesn't look like it was. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

Swimming pool sand filters use sand to filter and clean the water in swimming pools. Sand filters have water pushed through the bed of the filter. The sand in the sand filters catches the particles and debris that are in the water. The clean water is then pushed back into the pool.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”