Need equipment advice

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Gary

Need equipment advice

Postby Gary » Tue 14 Jul, 2009 20:54

Ws have a pool service once a week. Unfortunately, our pool is surroundered by trees and we have screened in lanai where the pool resides. We tend to get a little bit of of leaves coming in thru the cage that sits on the surface of the water but we get quite abit of dirt (incl. polen, etc) that get thru the cage and sits ion the bottom of the pool. Our pool service does a great job but, a day or two after he has cleaned the pool, the dirt and leaves start gathering.

Hence, I want to get a pool vacuum, (I dont mind doing it manually) that I can use on a ad-hoc basis to clean away the dirt, before my kids friends come over to swim on the weekend. I dotn need a device to do any serious cleaning but just something I can use, quickly to clean the dirt away.
I am not looking for one of those expensive automated/automatic vacuums but something simple/inexpensive but does the job.

I do have 2 long sets of hoses that the previous owner had left here. They look pretty new.
Our pool is inground and is approx. 25 ft x 12 ft with a round spa (about 6 ft in diameter).

Besides your recommendations re. what vacuum would work, is there any other equipment I would need?

Thanks so much
Gary

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Need equipment advice

Postby Denali » Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:15

Gary wrote:Ws have a pool service once a week. Unfortunately, our pool is surroundered by trees and we have screened in lanai where the pool resides. We tend to get a little bit of of leaves coming in thru the cage that sits on the surface of the water but we get quite abit of dirt (incl. polen, etc) that get thru the cage and sits ion the bottom of the pool. Our pool service does a great job but, a day or two after he has cleaned the pool, the dirt and leaves start gathering.

Hence, I want to get a pool vacuum, (I dont mind doing it manually) that I can use on a ad-hoc basis to clean away the dirt, before my kids friends come over to swim on the weekend. I dotn need a device to do any serious cleaning but just something I can use, quickly to clean the dirt away.
I am not looking for one of those expensive automated/automatic vacuums but something simple/inexpensive but does the job.

I do have 2 long sets of hoses that the previous owner had left here. They look pretty new.
Our pool is inground and is approx. 25 ft x 12 ft with a round spa (about 6 ft in diameter).

Besides your recommendations re. what vacuum would work, is there any other equipment I would need?

Thanks so much
Gary

Hi,

If you already have hoses then you'll just need a vacuum head and a pole. In addition to that I would get a leaf rake (net) and a brush. There is a wide range of prices for vacuum heads. I would talk with your pool guy and have him pick you up a good one. The cheap ones with plastic wheels and plastic handle are umm..cheap!
andrrewdamien
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Need equipment advice

Postby andrrewdamien » Fri 11 May, 2012 11:45

There are so many equipments available to protect your body from accidents. Such as safety glasses, masks and so many others. But choosing right one from them is really very important because there is no second scope of mistake in accidents in water.
paint marker
rodneymasenten
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: Information about pool fences, pool nets, pool covers, pool deck plugs, pool deck caps, pool sleeves, pool alarm etc

Need equipment advice

Postby rodneymasenten » Sat 12 May, 2012 00:51

You can use automatic pool covers to get rid of your problems. For more information you can go through automatic-pool-cover related articles / resources available at pool safety fences.
rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Need equipment advice

Postby rosalind » Mon 14 May, 2012 23:56

Gary wrote:Ws have a pool service once a week. Unfortunately, our pool is surroundered by trees and we have screened in lanai where the pool resides. We tend to get a little bit of of leaves coming in thru the cage that sits on the surface of the water but we get quite abit of dirt (incl. polen, etc) that get thru the cage and sits ion the bottom of the pool. Our pool service does a great job but, a day or two after he has cleaned the pool, the dirt and leaves start gathering.

Thanks so much
Gary

Well, I recommend to use Hayward AquaBug cleaners. It is easily one of the best selling above floor share cleaners. It is an automated designed for above floor regularly with vinyl fabric ships. It works just as well on either smooth underside and dished underside.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”