New liner

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
davidbryn
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground pool 22ftx 14ftx52 inches

New liner

Postby davidbryn » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 02:17

i have had a new liner fitted and they cannot get the liner into the track at the corners, there is a void on the corners where the liner should fit right back into the corners,i think the liner was made to small, as i think it should touch the pool wall all the way around, the liner fitter says he will have to mastic the liner in place at the corners, i think this is a bodge job and what it needs is a liner that fits correctly. the pool man measured the size of the pool himself.. do the manufacturers that make the liners make them to the size you give them or do they make them slightly smaller so there are no wrinkles, i think this will be a future problem as it will pull out of the track or tear at the corners as the liner shrinks, should i accept this quality of work or should i insist in a new liner that fits properly. any advice before i pay for this work.

Vinyl Master
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

New liner

Postby Vinyl Master » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 09:13

Hi David

Its hard to say for sure without seeing the liner. But it is probably fine. you need to know the liner is made 3 to 5% smaller than the pool, this is done so you don't have any wrinkles. To properly install a rectangle liner after it is hanging in place, one installer needs to hold the liner tight at the bead when it is in the coping (11 feet down the long wall), the other installer needs to be 4 feet away and pull the liner towards the corner then hold the liner in position as the first installer goes 4 feet away and pulls more material into the corner. this should be done all around the perimeter working towards the corners starting half way down the wall panel. it only takes a couple more inches of material to make the corners fit 100% better. Let me know if this helps.
davidbryn
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground pool 22ftx 14ftx52 inches

New liner

Postby davidbryn » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 17:01

hi, thanks for the information. I was unsure what percentage smaller they make them so as not to have wrinkles . it isn't as good a fit as the last one and that one gradually shank and pulled out of the rail, but I would have liked it made larger. I wouldn't have worried about a crease or two knowing it would shrink over time as the last one did. i had to mastic the corners on that , as it was pulling away there. i told the pool man before he ordered the liner but he insisted on measuring the pool himself. so I gave in.after all he is supposed to be the expert. another thing is I like it warmer than the average person , I use it more as a hydrotherapy pool due to my illness C.O.P.D . I cant tolerate water to cold. and I am told that is why it shrinks, and so to keep the temperature under 30 centigrade.as I am now unable top do much myself so have to leave it to others, its so frustrating to be in that position after being able to do most things myself. however thanks for help, kind regards Davidbryn.
anuradhan2009

if you wear glasses and just want to improve your visions in

Postby anuradhan2009 » Sun 26 Jul, 2009 03:10

I used to love swimming, I would spend summers down at the lake with my family, and most of that time would be in the

water. Ever since I got glasses swimming has been pretty much impossible as i can's see well enough with them. It wasn't

until one of my son's swim meets, that I heard about Prescription swim goggles. I asked my optometrist about them and he

said they worked great. And wanted about $80.00 for a single pair. I didn't want to pay that much for goggles before I had

tried them out myself. So I started looking online and I came across a pair

from there. The experience was awesome. The site was straight forward- and the prices were amazing. I was a little

skeptical about the product. But when I tried them, Wow, I was floored. They were AMAZING. I dived right in, and I could

see. It was just like being a kid again. So if you wear glasses, and need them to swim or if you wear glasses and just

want to improve your visions in the water then check out a bonus if you do decide to order. I recommend it.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”