chlor tabs on fiberglass

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
dalehileman

chlor tabs on fiberglass

Postby dalehileman » Tue 28 Jul, 2009 12:20

Anyone: How in God's Name does one edit his post

dalehileman

chlor tabs on fiberglass

Postby dalehileman » Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:07

If at first the device proves eurybathic Such a device might eventually be improved so be described as monobathic. Inventors and linguists of the Pool Establishment unite!
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Chlor tabs on fiberglass

Postby Me... » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 12:15

Here is what I am talking about.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/rainbow300DS.pdf

There are other manufacturers but these install in your equipment room. Filtered water is passed through them to erode the pucks in a controlled fashion and the outfeed is back into the main line AFTER all the other equipment. The 2 styles are either INLINE or OFFLINE. one is plumbed directly in your equipment lines and the other uses tubing.
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Chlor tabs on fiberglass

Postby Me... » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 12:19

.......products of oxidation trying to offgas at the surface.....and help to deteriorate it.

Forgive me,though I aced college chemistry but you might elaborate. Exactly what would cause the gas and would I see it as bubbling under the cover

You and chemgeek can have a nice conversation then! He likes to go into detail and can explain probably any aspect you want to delve into.
Pranav
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: chlor tabs on fiberglass

Postby Pranav » Wed 29 Nov, 2023 23:59

chem geek wrote:That's a great idea, but it doesn't exist. The closest thing to that is the inline chlorinator plumbed near the pump. Of course, continued use of Trichor builds up the CYA level making chlorine less effective so if you use Trichlor as your primary source of chlorine then without a LOT of dilution of the water you'll need to use a weekly algaecide (e.g. PolyQuat 60) or a phosphate remover to prevent algae growth, and will need to shock the pool and/or use clarifiers to keep the water clear (since the chlorine won't oxidize bather waste, suntan oil, etc. as quickly due to the higher CYA level) or will need to maintain a higher FC level proportional to the CYA level.

Your understanding of the difficulties associated with using trichlor as the main source of chlorine for swimming pools is priceless. The possibility of CYA accumulation, which would decrease the efficiency of chlorine, emphasizes how crucial strategic water management is. To mitigate the effects of high CYA levels, weekly applications of algaecide or phosphate remover combined with regular shock treatments and clarifiers are recommended. For efficient sanitation and water purity, a careful balance between CYA and chlorine must be maintained. Your thorough guidance gives pool owners a more nuanced understanding of the importance of a comprehensive approach to water maintenance that goes beyond simply adding chlorine.https://fmapps.org/
Pranav
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: chlor tabs on fiberglass

Postby Pranav » Thu 30 Nov, 2023 23:36

dalehileman wrote:Geek thank you for that rundown. From what you disclose it would seem that they ought to market a tab dispenser that can somehow suspended halfway between top and bottom or one that sits on the bottom but holds the tabs a few inches up

Great insights, Geek! A tab dispenser suspended midway or elevated slightly at the bottom could be a game-changer, offering convenience and preventing tabs from getting lost. Ingenious idea worth exploring!Fm Whatsapp Download

Return to “Chlorine”