Air bubbles in pool

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
DAVE
I'm new here
I'm new here

Air bubbles in pool

Postby DAVE » Fri 11 Sep, 2009 21:10

I don't remember and I already closed the pool.I will check when I reopen in May. Thanks

Air bubbles in pool

Postby Guest » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 08:58

I also have got this problem with the air in the line.
The pool guy says that the problem is that the amount of water going up to the panel is more that can come threw the small holes in the panel and therefore the line going back to the pool is not full and thus the air. He suggested another panel and that the by-pass valve should not be opened 100% but restrict it slightly and it will go away. you will still have the same amount of water going threw the panel but because of the by-pass valve being slightly opened the return will be full.

Not my words but it does make sense in a way.
jpandes
I'm new here
I'm new here

Air bubbles in pool

Postby jpandes » Fri 27 Apr, 2012 16:23

I think your pool pump isn't strong enough to get the water all the way to the roof with enough pressure. I recently changed out a one horsepower pump after it died with a 3 horsepower variable speed pump. With their old pump we would get air lots of large air bubbles in the pool.

Our pool panels are also 25 to 30 feet up in the air and and when I have the pump running at 3000 RPM about 2-2 1/2 horsepower, there are no bubbles. I have played around with the RPM speeds and at 2500 RPMS I get some audible bubbles, and At 2700 RPMS I get a few champagne bubbles and no sound. This is a speed that I run the pump at now. I'm trying to save on electricity.
zing0000

Air bubbles in pool

Postby zing0000 » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 22:31

I too have solar panels with a VSV that stays firmly closed at pump full speed (no bubbles), but I have been living with champagne bubbles when the pump is at half-speed (quarter power, huge savings!). The heating seems to work fine, there is no noise other then the relaxing soft bubbling.
But then I worried about the chlorine feeder (Pentair 320), which I think is not delivering enough chlorine even on Max. There are warnings about corrosion from the air+water+chlorine mixture and the last few feet of the return lines to the pool are copper pipe. I suspect the air collects in the tablets chamber and so there is less water contact for it to dissolve.
Should I fix it, or simply enjoy the warm water and power savings with a manual chlorine topup?

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”