Cloudy water + unsure what i need to do! plzz help =]

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
xmistyx
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 15ft 91cm deep, intex filter pump and intex pool heater.

Postby xmistyx » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 16:31

HI, i recently got an above ground 15ft intex pool and its only been up around a week. after a few days i noticed the water was starting to get cloudy, im using a intex filter pump but it is doing absolutly nothing to help. i have tried liquid chlorine to help it but im not precisely sure how or what other chemicals i might have to use. To be honest i have absolutly no idea as im new to all this and have never had a pool before. Please help =] =]
Thanks.

lehtoland

Postby lehtoland » Sat 01 Aug, 2009 11:13

I have battled the same dreaded cloudy water for my intex 15ft pool last summer and this summer. Basically it is the start of an algae bloom. The best advice I have recieved is to bring the chlorine levels up to at least 10ppm. To do this you can shock until the water is clear and then put in a new filter. You will also have to vacuum daily. I am in the middle of that now and it has taken mine from green to cloudy so i know i am headed in the right direction. I have also read that you need to make sure you have enough stabilizer and conditioner (CYA) in the water but I think you also can't have it high either. I am in no way saying that this is the right answer I am just letting you know what my experience has been. Hope this helps.
yacahuma
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15X30

Postby yacahuma » Sat 01 Aug, 2009 12:19

check your CL, PH and alkalinity and post results
tfagan
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tfagan » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 17:33

also using a floater or auto chlorinator? it helps to bring chlorine lvls up if on top of putting tabs in your chlorination to put a few in your skimmer basket.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”