Cloudy Pool & Filtering Problems

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
GWPhilyPool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground pool, 25k gallons, DE Filter

Postby GWPhilyPool » Fri 07 Aug, 2009 12:17

My inground pool has had clouding water all season, I discovered that the manifold was cracked and I replaced it. This I believe was keeping the DE in the pool water, I replaced the manifold last week. Two days ago the Filter (Pentair FNS PLUS 60) clamp shifted and started spraying out water - I believe from too much pressure built up. I took it a part, inspected, cleaned and re-installed the seal & clamping mechanism and again it yesterday after running all day it shifted and started spraying water. Could their be a DE build up on pool drain that could be causing the pressure build up and making this happen? I will inspected it again for problems and look to see what is causing the pressure build up.
Comments and advise are welcomed.

GWPhilyPool

Camden
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: I have a 16000 gallons water capacity, rectangular with an oval shape at shallow end, plaster all around, filter grid

Postby Camden » Tue 25 Aug, 2009 21:31

GWPhilyPool wrote:My inground pool has had clouding water all season, I discovered that the manifold was cracked and I replaced it. This I believe was keeping the DE in the pool water, I replaced the manifold last week. Two days ago the Filter (Pentair FNS PLUS 60) clamp shifted and started spraying out water - I believe from too much pressure built up. I took it a part, inspected, cleaned and re-installed the seal & clamping mechanism and again it yesterday after running all day it shifted and started spraying water. Could their be a DE build up on pool drain that could be causing the pressure build up and making this happen? I will inspected it again for problems and look to see what is causing the pressure build up.
Comments and advise are welcomed.

GWPhilyPool

Hi, did you lube the seal ring and all around it so you can set the lid back on without any force? I use vaseline but the pool store has a lubricant for it also. It works for me.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”