Pool filling pipe overflow - HELP IDENTIFYING PART

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
jons pool

Pool filling pipe overflow - HELP IDENTIFYING PART

Postby jons pool » Thu 13 Aug, 2009 14:32

I need help identifying a part:

I am looking for a replacement part that no one in the world seems to be able to find. Maybe someone here has heard of this. My pool is filled by a manually operated pipe. It is not automatic. Near where it connects to the house plumbing it has a small backflow valve that looks like a trap. This has begun leaking. I opened it up to find the problem and I found a small gasket-like piece. The piece has a plastic threaded top that screws into the housing and a rubber gasket portion on the bottom. The rubber has melted and I assume this is the cause of the leak. This part needs to be replaced.

Here is the hard part. No one has been able to tell me where a replacement part can be found. No one has even been able to identify the part. I tried two pool stores, they sent me to two different irrigation stores. I also tried a plumbing store and a couple of hardware stores. No one has ever even heard of this.

Can anyone identify this and tell me where I can find a new one? I have some photos but I am not able to post here. If you think you can help I can e-mail them to you.



Pool filling pipe overflow - HELP IDENTIFYING PART

Postby Guest » Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:29

try an hydraulics shop for a replacement gasket or o-ring

Pool filling pipe overflow - HELP IDENTIFYING PART

Postby thepoolyoda » Mon 24 Aug, 2009 17:22

you need to buy a new anti-siphon valve most likely i have seen grey sprinkler control valves used too but the AS valve is ideal

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”

Who is online at the Pool Help Forum

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot [Bot] and 1 guest