Above Ground Pool Questions

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
sjazama
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Don't have one yet. Want advise on buying a pool.

Postby sjazama » Sun 30 Aug, 2009 19:54

I want to get a pool. In-ground pools are nicer but, where we live, a house with a pool is hard to sell. I think we might move when we retire in 7-8 years. So I'm investigating above ground pools because they are easy to remove (and much less costly too install).

Here is the problem though. Is it true that you can't dive into an above ground pool? I don't plan to get a diving board, but we do like to dive from the side of the pool or from a deck. I want to get a slide too. Isn't there any kind of above ground pool that is safe for pool-side diving?

ABG

Postby ABG » Mon 31 Aug, 2009 04:11

Not really, the pool has to be deep enough for someone not to hit their head and break their neck. You can do a shallow dive at an oblique angle, but you can't dive straight in. For diving, a pool should be about 8 feet deep.
sjazama
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Don't have one yet. Want advise on buying a pool.

Postby sjazama » Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:04

ABG,
Thanks for your reply. Above-ground pools seem a bit hazardous. Someone could momentarily forget not to dive and get seriously hurt. A lot of people have them though. It makes me wonder why they are popular.
abovegroundpoolpro

Postby abovegroundpoolpro » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 12:53

Hellooo,

Above ground pools are much better then inground even for diving. People who enjoy diving tend to extend one side of the pool to 72 inches with an expandable liner. When I approached them with this enquiry they assisted me with plans, and offered guidance along with pictures. They also had deck plans, and provided me with information about accesories. So, I think it is very possible with the right pool company. Hope this was helpful.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”