algea inside pool ladder

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
tripleshock

algea inside pool ladder

Postby tripleshock » Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:47

We have an above ground pool water has been clear all summer. had black stuff on bottom all summer. Have had to do maintenance every day, brushing, backwashing, rinsing, every time water was tested by the pool place all we needed was ph decreaser. They could not figure out why we continued to have black on the pool bottom. We also have an ionizer on pool. Today we took the ladder out of the pool to cover it for the winter and when we pulled it out of the water the inside of our ladder is full of algea. When the water started running out on the deck it was full of greenish black algea. Is there anyway to clean the inside of the ladder or should we buy a new one for next year?

algea inside pool ladder

Postby Guest » Sun 27 Sep, 2009 03:07

what type of ladder?

algea inside pool ladder

Postby Guest » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 17:52

The ladder is white and made of plastic. The sides of it have holes at the top,one on each side. The steps have holes in them. Once you put the ladder in the pool, it begins to fill at the holes in the steps. Then you take a water hose and fill each side of the ladder. The ladder turns downard to connect to the deck and is mounted there. W
kristymcj
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12000 gallon oval above-ground pool with sand filtration.

algea inside pool ladder

Postby kristymcj » Tue 04 May, 2010 10:52

I'm having the same problem. Would love to hear is anyone has any advice!
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: algea inside pool ladder

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 17 Jan, 2019 04:51

jasper22, I think you have got it wrong
They are not talking about rust but algae which can be treated with chlorine (bleach)
Also the steps are plastic
Your baking soda will raise TA, whether this is desirable or not

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”