Stain on fiberglass pool

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
lonnie

Stain on fiberglass pool

Postby lonnie » Sun 20 Sep, 2009 11:37

I have a yellowish/brownish stain on my fiber glass pool below the water level. I tried rubbing it with a Vitamin C tablet and it takes it right off, I can actually write with the tablet. However, I bought some of the Stain Free stuff (ascorbic acid) and put it in the pool with not effect. Any ideas on how I can get this pool cleaned before I close it for the year???? Any help appreciated!

Timthepoolguy

Stain on fiberglass pool

Postby Timthepoolguy » Thu 24 Sep, 2009 20:35

If it comes off with vitamin c it is probably a metallic stain. Add a metal sequstering agent.
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: Stain on fiberglass pool

Postby Poonamdpi » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 02:15

Hello,
You can use Culator metal eliminator and stain free products to remove the stain on fiberglass pool.
Poolcovers
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: we designs and manufactures fixed automatic retractable enclosures for pools, patios and outdoor spaces.

Postby Poolcovers » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 09:02

You can use chlorine tablet to remove stain from fibreglass pool. To eliminate brown stains caused by iron simply scrub the area with a chlorine tablet. However, if you cannot easily reach the spot to scrub it, duct tape the tablet to the end of a telescoping pole. Don’t rub too hard or you can damage the fibreglass surface.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 16:42

Poolcovers wrote:You can use chlorine tablet to remove stain from fibreglass pool. To eliminate brown stains caused by iron simply scrub the area with a chlorine tablet. However, if you cannot easily reach the spot to scrub it, duct tape the tablet to the end of a telescoping pole. Don’t rub too hard or you can damage the fibreglass surface.

Totally wrong, go to the back of the class. It is the oxidising action of the chlorine that changes the non staining iron into the staining kind. You have to use a reducing agent like ascorbic acid to remove the the stain and put the iron back into solution.
DennisJVeal
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My swimming pool is 82 ft in length

Postby DennisJVeal » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 00:11

Poonamdpi wrote:Hello,
You can use Culator metal eliminator and stain free products to remove the stain on fiberglass pool.

I agree.. This can work...
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 03:37

Stain free products are sequestrants and the chlorine will be spending it's time burning out the sequestrant so you'll use more chlorine and then pay more, for more sequestrant.

The Culator will only remove a very small amount so you'll need a few of them, quite a few.
A really good pool engineer would remove the metals. Problem is there aren't many really good pool engineers out there.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”