or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
stan64572
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 octogon inground, 1hp hayward pump vynil lined

Vinyl acid wash

Postby stan64572 » Wed 30 Sep, 2009 19:50

why not acid wash vinyl liner, i have seen many people say not to , but dont see any that says why not , what will it do, i have had great luck with mine

davidw5251

Vinyl acid wash

Postby davidw5251 » Fri 02 Oct, 2009 08:02

I'm unsure about using an acid wash. My concern is a vinyl lined pool with a tide mark - but ONLY at the skimmer end of the pool. I am not sure what this is - it's green, but ir does not respond to algicide treatment (and the pool water is clear and beautiful). Any thoughts on the cause AND a solution?
stan64572
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 octogon inground, 1hp hayward pump vynil lined

Vinyl acid wash

Postby stan64572 » Fri 02 Oct, 2009 19:33

you can try to remove it with acid, this is how i have cleaned my liner many times.. i put muretic acid full strenght on the stain,it will dissolve the stain instantly , i leave on for about ten seconds,then rinse off. i use acid this way to clean my filter baskets,steps,and liner. caution this acid produces a choking fume so be ready for the fumes. I have drained mine and stood in the middle of it and sprayed full strenght acid on the liner from a pump sprayer, small section at a time rinse off immediatly , liner looks brand new afterward and so far i cant see any damage whatsoever ,although i am sure it would damage the liner if left on to long and it soaked in. just a little something to try to get rid of the scum line, test a small spot first and see how it does.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”