Filter leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: inground, 25K gunite pool with DE filter

Filter leak

Postby kernjw » Sun 04 Oct, 2009 12:21

I have a Pentair Filter. The pool is a fresh water DE system.
I have replaced the screens, manifold, and backwash valve. Am still getting DE blowback in the pool and the pressure gage goes from 10 (normal) to 30 (psi?) in a few hours after backwashing or cleaning screens directly. I am looking for any suggestions of what else in system I could checkout or replace....

Thanks for help.... I guess the backwash valve is a dial type... It has a handle which is turned to open or lock valve... I lift valve handle to go into backwash mode...
backwash procedure is simply to put in bachwash mode, turn on pump for a few minutes, then stop pump and return valve to normal position (locked)...DE is then added where pool water is pumped to filter.

I do not have a pressure cleaner.

Problem resolved - thank you..

Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Filter leak

Postby Pool Clown » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 20:13

Is your new backwash valve a dial valve?
Explain step by step your back wash procedure.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Filter leak

Postby superdoopie » Fri 23 Oct, 2009 10:14

Also post whether you have a pressure cleaner and whether the line that feeds it is before or after the filter. If it is plumbed after the filter you will have a high pressure reading when it is running in the pool. If it is plumbed before the filter you may be having the blow-back through this line when you add a fresh coat of DE after backwashing.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”