Sweeper

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
A

Sweeper

Postby A » Fri 23 Oct, 2009 22:27

Hi,
I'm a new pool owner of a pool as follows:
16,000 gallons, Polaris sweeper/vacuum, Pentair Filter, A.O Smith Pump for filter and Franklin Gas Heater Pump. Anthony Heater!

Our Polaris Sweeper/vacuum worked when we moved into this house last month, now it does not work, We cleaned the leaves from the net and brought this to Leslie's Pool Supplies for an inspection. They opened it up and poked around to check for micro clogs, and found nothing and they said that this Sweeper/Vacuum is in pretty good condition. It is still not working. They recommended we take the tubing off that goes into the pool wall and check for leave clogs..Any recommendations?

Thank You,
Allie :problem:

Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Sweeper

Postby Pool Clown » Fri 23 Oct, 2009 22:57

There should be a finger screen at the fitting where the hose attaches to the wall. Also, check the backup valve and make sure it is completely shutting off all the water (to it's jet) as it comes out of backup mode.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.
Allie aka A

Sweeper

Postby Allie aka A » Sun 25 Oct, 2009 02:47

Dear Pool Clown,
I am in N. CA also. Thanks for the info. Today we tried to un attach all the plastic fittings and re attach to purge out any clogs (no clogs were observed) anyway, just as I suspected ...unexplained phenomena..and all of a sudden it was working, but then at the same time I also noticed that the water was leaking in the form of a spray mist leak from the tubing coming out of the pool wall (I should have left this minor spray leak alone). After we went to tighten up this spray leak, it stopped working again. Everytime we tried to play around with the fittings, then it worked for one minute and stopped again..this continued and now the system is now not working again. ..I just logged on and I read your post and I will re try your recommendations. Any other recommendations? Maybe if I tried getting the system to where it sprays the leak mist from the wall attachment it will work again?

Thanks so much!
Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Sweeper

Postby Pool Clown » Sun 25 Oct, 2009 13:28

The next time it stops working, carefully take the unit to the surface and see if the wheels are turning. If not, gently roll the wheels backward a little then let go and see if the wheels move back to the same place and stop, or continue to roll on. You may be getting debris in the gears/belts that power the wheels.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”