What do you think of this pool?

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
pooler74
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 x 30 foot

Postby pooler74 » Fri 30 Oct, 2009 06:31

I was browsing through different designs when I came across this: http://www.yardshare.com/myyard.php?yard_id=517

Now I'm new to pools so I don't know if that's very complicated or not, but WOW I would love to have something like that for my future pool (which I plan to build soon). do you think it's possible to do that on my own? I have some landscaping experience and a buddy that's a builder.

peter.

Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Postby Pool Clown » Fri 30 Oct, 2009 19:30

If you have enough time/money, yes. Very labor intensive. I see these types of pools once in a while, and it takes a long time to finish them off (correctly). Theres two ways to build this pool. You can do it right, or you can do it over. Nice pool though anyway.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Sat 31 Oct, 2009 22:45

Let me put it like this: There is cars for the rich people and there is cars for rest of us.
Dreaming of Bentley does not hurt.
It may hurt when you start building one without a plan, experience and plenty of money.
I have seen some nice pool architectures in the wealthy areas in Austin TX. I estimate this six figure cost. Unless you are an accomplished tile setter forget about mosaic setting in a pool. Many professionals that lay tile for living will not touch pool tile. And I can tell you it is walk in the park compared with laying pool mosaic. Now this part is only a fraction of the scope of work involved. There are parts, that well experienced worker can do by himself. And there is parts, where has to be at least six of them at the same time, as for the plaster application.
If you an accomplished tradesman, that is willing to commit all his know how to save big money and still learn in a process, go for it.
If you are just looking for a way to save money, forget the Bentley and built yourself a Lexus instead.
Gavin Wills
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: verification was 100% wrong it asked me is there a P
in pH but it is clearly not a P it is a p. The 2nd one asked me the colour of a nice clean pool, I was wrong again! there are many different colors it could be.A black epoxy coating will change from dark blue to greeny blue to bluey gray greeny gray ect it all depends on the colour of the sky and the angle you look at it. anyway I'll get the next one right, I will just be a robot and answer the way I am supposed too

Postby Gavin Wills » Tue 15 Dec, 2009 01:50

Poolclown, you say you have a chlorine generator,what is that,our saltwater clorinaters make sodium hypoclorite
useing 9v of current through a - and + platinum and titanium mesh cell.GW

Chlorine generator

Postby Guest » Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:32

I think that chlorine generator makes the chlorine gas remote from the pool and then feeds it into the return line. I have seen them using hydrochloric acid or salt solution in barrel type setups.

No salty water and no scale problems.
Ausie

Postby Ausie » Wed 16 Dec, 2009 18:03

Gavin Wills wrote:Poolclown, you say you have a chlorine generator,what is that,our saltwater clorinaters make sodium hypoclorite
useing 9v of current through a - and + platinum and titanium mesh cell.GW

Maybe hypochlorous acid, but not a sodium hypochlorite, Mr. Dundee.
mase1995
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby mase1995 » Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:25

yes i am also agree that this design was very good and beautiful...but to make your pool like this u need much money and time....and also more than many labour is required...if u have all these things than u can make your pool like this...and it gonna rock ur pool.

http://bit.ly/7bnTUa

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”