Any good solar heater system brand names?

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
BahamaPoolCleaner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby BahamaPoolCleaner » Tue 10 Nov, 2009 23:09

I'm thinking about installing solar pool heaters. what are some of the good systems out there? brand names?

Thanks.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 00:54

You can compare the efficiency of different solar panels here. I have Fafco panels and am very happy with them, but there are many manufacturers that do a decent job.
BahamaPoolCleaner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby BahamaPoolCleaner » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 09:26

chem geek wrote:You can compare the efficiency of different solar panels here. I have Fafco panels and am very happy with them, but there are many manufacturers that do a decent job.

Thanks for the info. some of my pool clients have the electric heaters and I was thinking about selling and installing solar pool heater so I guess I'm looking for a small efficient system. My clients have money and would like to swim comfortably in the winter when vacationing in the Bahamas.
Only Pool Heating

Postby Only Pool Heating » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 16:47

All solar panels work very well, in fact there is very little difference in the end result temperature to your pool between the best overall " btu " producing panel and the least btu producing panel assuming you have the same square footage of surface collector area.

I realize this may sound complicated but it is important to not compare exterior dimensions of panels.

Some manufacturers have panel dimensions that have larger exterior dimensions that are 5 to 12 % smaller when you compare the actual collector ( the area that absorbs the suns heat ) surface area. A 4 x 12 panel may appear to be 48 sq ft but actually only have 45 sq ft of collector surface area. This times 8 or 10 panels can equal or exceed an entire panel, 10 to 15 % or more overall performance.

The greatest differences are truly in three different categories.

1) The manufacturer and the GENUINE warranty. Get the actual warranty from the manufacturer and review it for exclusions and exceptions.

2) The proven track record and lifespan. How long has it been around and can it withstand your weather climate year after year.

3 ) Who are you actually doing business with. How long is the company in business and are they licensed and insured.

HELIOCOL is the brand I and my 21 years of poolheating experience recommend. Fafco among others are also great panels regarding performance, lifespan but not for wind resistance or roof friendliness.

Pool heating
BahamaPoolCleaner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby BahamaPoolCleaner » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 16:59

Only Pool Heating wrote:All solar panels work very well, in fact there is very little difference in the end result temperature to your pool between the best overall " btu " producing panel and the least btu producing panel assuming you have the same square footage of surface collector area.

I realize this may sound complicated but it is important to not compare exterior dimensions of panels.

Some manufacturers have panel dimensions that have larger exterior dimensions that are 5 to 12 % smaller when you compare the actual collector ( the area that absorbs the suns heat ) surface area. A 4 x 12 panel may appear to be 48 sq ft but actually only have 45 sq ft of collector surface area. This times 8 or 10 panels can equal or exceed an entire panel, 10 to 15 % or more overall performance.

The greatest differences are truly in three different categories.

1) The manufacturer and the GENUINE warranty. Get the actual warranty from the manufacturer and review it for exclusions and exceptions.

2) The proven track record and lifespan. How long has it been around and can it withstand your weather climate year after year.

3 ) Who are you actually doing business with. How long is the company in business and are they licensed and insured.

HELIOCOL is the brand I and my 21 years of poolheating experience recommend. Fafco among others are also great panels regarding performance, lifespan but not for wind resistance or roof friendliness.

Nationwidepoolheating ( dot ) com

Many thanks much appreciate the info. I thought I'd start checking into the solar systems now even though I'm still trying to get weekly cleaning clients. No one is installing them yet in the island so I'm sure there's a lot of extra money to be made. thanks I will check Heliocol out.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”