Low output through spa jets

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Gatordad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Gatordad » Wed 25 Nov, 2009 08:57

Hello,

I recently had a leak detected underground associated with one of the jets in the spa and had it repaired immediately. Prior to the repair service, the jets in the spa had a decent output of water and the blower functioned fine, creating a typical bubbling spa. After the service, I now have low volume of water coming through the jets and the blower comes, but no bubbles come through the jets. The company that repaired the leak say that they did nothing in their service to cause this problem. Is this a correct statement on there part and/or is there any information that can be provided to help me understand the this problem? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

pool care

Postby pool care » Thu 26 Nov, 2009 14:14

Either they replumbed the system or they narrowed the pipes.

What more can you tell us about the location of the leak and the nature of the repair?
Gatordad
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Gatordad » Thu 26 Nov, 2009 18:54

The repair was done on the outside of the spa wall, about 6 inches from the wall itself. The leak detection company told me that the flex pipe pulled away from the joint due to deck settling and that is were the leak occurred. To my knowledge they did not change any of the piping. Also, this is a relatively new home and pool/spa. They were all constructed three years ago.
pool care

Postby pool care » Thu 26 Nov, 2009 19:03

the flex pipe pulled away from the joint due to deck settling

That is very common, but a repair shouldn't result in losing pressure. Could there coincidentally be a problem with pump or the suction line? :?:

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”