pool motor

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
yj

pool motor

Postby yj » Thu 17 Dec, 2009 13:09

Hi, All, happy holiday.

I have two pump motors in my swimming pool. One for the swimming pool one for the hot tub.

Recently the motor for the swimming pool is dead. But the one for the hot tub works.

However, today I tried to turn off the breaker at the panel box and hear a little "bang"... The motor for the hot tub also stopped (I turn on the breaker).

Any one help me? What is the problem?

Thanks!

czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

pool motor

Postby czechmate » Thu 17 Dec, 2009 17:43

Do not want to sound rude, but get a pool guy to look at your problem.
It will actually save you money and he will show you how things work.
Your spa pump is likely boosting the pressure from the main pump. It will not last long, or rather its seals, if running alone. (If you burned the seals already by letting it run too long by itself, have it done by pool company).
Your main pump motor may only need a new starting capacitor ($13-15.00), but it needs to be determined.
You may succeed to get a free estimate and then do it yourself.
Not exactly kosher, but you won't get arrested. :wink:
poolpumpguy

pool motor

Postby poolpumpguy » Sat 19 Dec, 2009 13:01

yj wrote:Hi, All, happy holiday.

I have two pump motors in my swimming pool. One for the swimming pool one for the hot tub.

Recently the motor for the swimming pool is dead. But the one for the hot tub works.

However, today I tried to turn off the breaker at the panel box and hear a little "bang"... The motor for the hot tub also stopped (I turn on the breaker).

Any one help me? What is the problem?

Thanks!

:wave: what kind and hp are your pumps? look for your local pool pump motor repair guy or shop and bring them in and have him test them. should be free, you might have the motors rebuilt and a new shaft seal for around 75.00. ask him how to install your pump and take care of it !.. THE POOL PUMP REPAIR GUY FLORIDA ..LET MY DAD FIX YOUR PUMP SAVE HUNDREDS.. JAY

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”