I left my setting on Rinse for 4 hours!

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
WestonD

Postby WestonD » Wed 23 Dec, 2009 19:47

I did a back wash on my pool and then a rinse. After rinsing I forgot to turn it back to the normal pump. My timer cut on in the middle of the night and it was on rinse still and lowered my pool by about a foot. I got the pool filled back up and I thought everything was ok but now I am having issues with the sand filter.

When the pump starts the pressure and everything seems ok. I have a glass bubble at the top of the filter so I can see the water. It normally is filled to the top of that bubble. But everytime it runs now it is having to fill back up. Everything seems to run fine when it fills back up but when the pump stops the water in the sand filter slowly goes down again. It only fills back up when the pump starts again.

Have I caused a major problem by running my filter on rinse for 4 hours? Should this go away after the pump runs several times?

Postby Guest » Thu 24 Dec, 2009 05:38

Have I caused a major problem by running my filter on rinse for 4 hours?

I think this is a coincidence. The water drains out of the filter due to leaky pipes or fittings. You couldcheck for drips on the suction side when the pump is off or on the return line with the pump running.

It could also be the one-way valve on the suction line.
WestonD

Postby WestonD » Thu 24 Dec, 2009 11:55

Could it be from air in the sand filter and it is just taking it some time to escape? Does that happen? I don't see any leaks anywhere. The pump seems to be ok. The skimmer basket at the pump is full of water and looks like it is doing what it should do.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”