Plaster Stain/Mold? Help Needed ASAP!

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
dbrauner
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Sport bottom gunite pool, 17X34, pentair cartridge filter and 2 speed pump. Goldline salt system. 14,000 gallons of water.

Postby dbrauner » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 15:22

I have crystal clear water and horrid looking black/gray stains in various areas of my pool' horizontal surfaces. Not sure what to do next. Pool chems are all good to great. Should I over chorlinate the water using loads of shock along with my tri-chor tablets?
Help me please!
Dave

John McKenny Australia

Postby John McKenny Australia » Sun 09 May, 2010 03:14

G'day Dave. Is your pool surface fibre glassed? If so, you just might have a cobalt leeching problem, meaning the pool may have to be drained and re-coated.
If not, don't mess about with chemicals to see if they are going to work. As one suggestion, sprinkle dry calcium hypochlorite over the surface - preferably with the pumps off - and allow it to go to the bottom. If it clears, you've probably got a form of algae. Further treatments this way will necessitate having the chlorinator turned off for an hour or two prior to treatment, as the strong cal. hypo. will give you a sudden chlorine increase - which you probably knew. Hope that helps. John McK - Australia

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”