Bead liner keeps coming out of track even with bead lock

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
bduce

Postby bduce » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 21:53

I have installed a new liner 3x in the last month on my 30' above ground. The first 2x i installed the liner in the track, filled with 10" of water and after a couple days assembled the pool rails. I came home only to discover the liner floating in the bottom of the pool. Disassembled pool and the last time I purchased bead lock and pounded it into the track holding the liner in place and again filled to 10" and in a few days the liner popped out a 3rd time with the liner floating at the bottom of the pool and the bead lock hanging from the tracks. I haven't touched it since. Too disgusted. Any suggestions would be helpful.

pthompson

Postby pthompson » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 00:58

What brand is your pool liner? We are having the same problem. The pool liner company told me that we received a new and improved (?) easy bed track last June, 2009 which is the only track that they sell now. We did manage to keep the liner in for 10 months. Of course, the company is trying to blame it on us because we installed the liner and did not have a professional to do it. The top of our liner flattened out so you can't put it back into the track.
cdn girl

Postby cdn girl » Sun 04 Jul, 2010 21:59

We are having the same problem, 3rd time putting up liner this time using liner lock, only to have the liner come out of track again. I think that the pool has shifted so much over the 10 plus years we've owned it that the liner just doesn't fit properly anymore. Our pool company can't tell us why this is happening, all they have offered us is a new pool liner at a discount. I don't see spending more $ on a new liner only to have it the same thing happen again. I only wish I could get a straight answer from someone explaining why this has happened and if there is a resolution to the problem or maybe its just time to take it down.
immez

Postby immez » Wed 14 Jul, 2010 16:37

We had the same trouble and finally decided to replace the liner with a Unibead liner instead of using the bead track. With the Unibead, you simply hang the liner on the pool wall, no bead track needed. While we did have to remove the top rails to install it, it was definitely worth it. Our local pool store told us that we didn't need to use coping strips over the J-hook, but I had read enough places on the internet that said to do it so we bit the bullet and bought new coping strips and put them on over the j-hook. I didn't want to have to remove the top rail again to put the coping strips on later. It looks just as nice as bead track and has stayed in place for two summers now. :)
Dave's Above Ground Pools

Postby Dave's Above Ground Pools » Tue 27 Sep, 2011 13:00

bduce wrote:I have installed a new liner 3x in the last month on my 30' above ground. The first 2x i installed the liner in the track, filled with 10" of water and after a couple days assembled the pool rails. I came home only to discover the liner floating in the bottom of the pool. Disassembled pool and the last time I purchased bead lock and pounded it into the track holding the liner in place and again filled to 10" and in a few days the liner popped out a 3rd time with the liner floating at the bottom of the pool and the bead lock hanging from the tracks. I haven't touched it since. Too disgusted. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I suspect that you might have a metal bead receiver? If so the bead size you have is to small. Different manufacturers have different style bead types. http://www.davesabovegroundpools.com download the e-guide I wrote and it might help guide you in the right direction.

Postby Dave's Above Ground Pools » Tue 27 Sep, 2011 13:04

immez wrote:We had the same trouble and finally decided to replace the liner with a Unibead liner instead of using the bead track. With the Unibead, you simply hang the liner on the pool wall, no bead track needed. While we did have to remove the top rails to install it, it was definitely worth it. Our local pool store told us that we didn't need to use coping strips over the J-hook, but I had read enough places on the internet that said to do it so we bit the bullet and bought new coping strips and put them on over the j-hook. I didn't want to have to remove the top rail again to put the coping strips on later. It looks just as nice as bead track and has stayed in place for two summers now. :)

These new coping strips where not needed as the j-hook itself is thick and doesn't need coping strips which are thinner than the j-bead itself.. I wrote the book at www.davesabovegroundpools.com

Postby Dave's Above Ground Pools » Tue 27 Sep, 2011 13:10

cdn girl wrote:We are having the same problem, 3rd time putting up liner this time using liner lock, only to have the liner come out of track again. I think that the pool has shifted so much over the 10 plus years we've owned it that the liner just doesn't fit properly anymore. Our pool company can't tell us why this is happening, all they have offered us is a new pool liner at a discount. I don't see spending more $ on a new liner only to have it the same thing happen again. I only wish I could get a straight answer from someone explaining why this has happened and if there is a resolution to the problem or maybe its just time to take it down.

The average age of an above ground pool liner is 5-10 years. If your liner is 10 years old it could be showing serious signs of degradation and should be replaced. If using plastic Bead track that will need to be replaced as well. So much interest in bead tracks lately but people don't realize the plastic wears faster than the vinyl liner in your pool. If your pool liner is newer than perhaps shopping for a liner by your pool manufactures directions is best. www.davesabovegroundpools.com
tgrovesct

Postby tgrovesct » Sun 20 May, 2012 15:20

Let me know if you figure this out! We are on our third liner in 9 years. First tor at seam (faulty install by company). Second fell three times and we figured something just must be wrong. This one (new last year), collapsed yesterday. Ready to take it down and drive to the local water park. Season pass is cheaper than replacing this darned liner repeatedly.
jcaldy

Postby jcaldy » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 22:00

This might be stupid but where do i get the j hooks from? our liner didnt come with them but it can be used as a j-hook liner...can i get them from any pool store or any hardware store?
jjc33

Postby jjc33 » Sat 06 Oct, 2012 11:13

trying to switch from overlap liner to bead liner. got the liner set and started filling with water. the top edge of liner is bending over j-channel. i stopped filling trying to find out if the liner will come out of j-liner. does any one have an answer?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”