what is this pool finish called?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
jakejdc

Postby jakejdc » Wed 05 May, 2010 12:17

:? Help! I saw this pool that has a surface that looks like concrete? It's not like plaster, or any of the other coated pool surfaces like pebble tec or quartz. It just looks like and feels like smooth concrete. What is ths name for this finish? It's like a dark grey/blue color with different discolorations here and there. :D

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 16:12

sounds like Marcite. It isn't actually blueish. if you were to drain the water past the water line, you will see it's just a greyish color. The water is what makes it appear blue (or green if theirs algae :lol: )
Ariciaga

Postby Ariciaga » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 13:54

Two opsions "DURAZZO or HIDRAZZO" this plaster pool finish designed to provide an exceptionally smooth, colorful and long lasting finish
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Fri 06 Aug, 2010 20:55

Ariciaga wrote:Two opsions "DURAZZO or HIDRAZZO" this plaster pool finish designed to provide an exceptionally smooth, colorful and long lasting finish

I believe both of the finishes you are referring to are just brand names of the quartz finish. Which was already stated it isn't
dennisc352
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby dennisc352 » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 13:57

It could just be marcite with some black added to the mix..That would provide a dark bluish water depending on the amount of sky the pool gets. If the pool is shaded it won't be as blue.
Norman poolquartz.co

Postby Norman poolquartz.co » Fri 21 Jan, 2011 13:50

:wave:
I read with interest the questions and chuckle at the answers! Lets get one thing straight as far as I am awear all the Quartz finishes are a little bit deceptive in there avertising, they have a small percentage of Coloured Quartz added to whatever in some cases Marble dust (Marcite) there was a mention of Hydrazzo.
Ask what it is put in in so acid and watch it disolve, the worst factor with this product and any of the packaged pool plaster that have the cement added to them they are suspect because of there shelf life, so that is why one pool can be great and another showing signs of failure.
Now why do I knw this its because I manufacture what I believe to be the only Quartz Plaster that is 100% Quartz it will never fade, Well after 12 years it hasent yet, it dosent disolve with acid (the cement will) and the Cement is added ond the day of application.
Is it available in the USA go to Amadillopoolquartz they where going to import it but went to sleep on the job. You can of course go to my Website poolquartz to learn more.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”