The Circulator---anybody tried it?

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
corsara
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 36 x 18, vinyl liner

Postby corsara » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 23:01

Xclusive wrote:So by the way, how did the cover removal and the opening go? Everything ok? Is the equipment running? Whats the water condition?

Oh well, it's been a month already. We got the cover out, the water was clear as air! :) Everything running, we even had a couple of days with good weather here in Ontario, Canada, so we had a family swim---great feeling!

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:45

They are very dangerous as the pressure does build up excessively in your system causing leaks, filter problems, and pump burnouts. They also do not last very long. We had at one point sold them, having our customers returning them weeks later for a replacement since they stopped working (plastic gears). Our store attempted to send them back as defective's to the manufacturer, who in turn denied the claim saying our customers must have "turned them by hand". This is not true as one of them was from the owner's friends pool. In the end, we ended up replacing them at our own expense and discontinuing them from our inventory for various reasons. (manufacturer obviously doesn't stand by the product, design flaws, equipment failure and liability). It is a wise choice to use standard eyeball diverters and have them set to literally make a 30 degree angled downward whirlpool.
Sakkie

Postby Sakkie » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:58

Do not buy this product !!!!!!!!!!Does it circulate the water ....yes,absolutely, but unfortunately that is where it ends !!!!!
No saving on chemicals
Not better heat distribution
Due to strong flow automatic pool cleaner gets blown into a corner and doesn't work properly.
The solar light is worth USD2.50 NOT USD50.00
The fountain is a piece of Chinese plastic junk ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !!!!!!!!
I am utterly disgusted in this product !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jlmccabes

Postby jlmccabes » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 06:46

Have had them for several years. GREATEST thing going for the pool. 3 returns, 1 skimmer. Keeps water uniformaly same temperature, stirs up the dirt so can go down drain. Love these things
PhD43
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16 x 32 concrete

Postby PhD43 » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 16:27

I have been a pool owner for over 25 years and the circulator is the best investment I have ever purchased for my pool. I always do a lot of research before I buy anything and I have found that there is nothing else on the market that compares to the circulator. I have never had one problem with them and I purchased them from my pool store several years ago. I installed four circulators into my pool. It has saved me well over a third of my electric, chemical and heating bill. I called the manufacturer and they sent me 4 free fountains and a free solar light for my pool as a bonus.
As a mechanical engineer, I am very inquisitive about the products that I purchase. I was very much impressed with the high quality of this product considering the low cost. With the many benefits that I get with this product, it is worth so much more.
I have told my friends, neighbors and the people at work about this remarkable product and most of them purchased the circulator with absolutely no complaints. They have all thanked me for the good advice. I would highly recommend every pool owner to go online or to their local store and replace their fixed pool returns with the circulator. :thumbup:

Postby Guest » Tue 02 Apr, 2013 10:45

Have a SALT system - ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Circulators.. Can get them for about 25.00 each and I keep one or two on hand just in case.. Used them several years now in Clermont, Fl. and they are great..
ratllesnail

Postby ratllesnail » Mon 20 May, 2013 07:10

I just bought 3 and the are by no means worth the money you pay for them. Too much back pressure, plugs up constantly. Use the eye balls that you took out and point them down at 40 to 45 degrees down and this works the best. My opion and mine only. Thank you
davdb

Postby davdb » Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:42

Scam. All this does is circulated water in a circle. It does not increase circulation in your pool. In addition I have a pool with diagonal corners so all this product does force the water directly into my pool wall. I thought the gear mechanism would cause more penetration of incoming water but all those gears do is turn the outlet of water in a circle. I would not recommend this to anyone. After reading the posts it appears like it is a big hassle to return. I chalk it up as a lesson learned. :(

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”