Jandy transformer "blows" twice in two weeks

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jap
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: Fiberglass with Jandy aquapure saltwater chlorinator. Built in 2006.

Postby jap » Sun 16 May, 2010 11:07

I have a jandy aquapure salt generator system form 2006. I started up my pool this year and soon received error codes 170 and 193. About a day later, the front screen went blank. Called a repairman (not the most knowledgeable i think) and he tested the system and said the transformer was bad. He replaced it, started it up, and it worked fine. I came home, found the plug to the cell off, and plugged it back in. In a few hours the codes appeared again, then the front screen went blank again. I have found the repair/testing manual and checked the 1 and 8 test port on the back board. It says it is suppost to have 75 VAC, I have 0. Each of the 12 wire leads coming off of the transformer have .5 VAC, with 120 VAC coming into each of the two wires going into the transformer (power going into transformer, but not coming out). Could it be that I am unlucky with having two transformers go, or it there any possible way that an electrical "surge" is "blowing" transformers? At almost $300 a pop, I am hesitant to put another transformer in there with what is happening. Any advice would be appreciated as electricity is not my strong suit.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Postby Guest » Mon 07 Jun, 2010 17:18

Jimmy....stop being cheap....just buy a new 1400...rather
than keep throwing good $$ after bad. You can buy a whole
new one for $800 online; much better idea.
jap
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: Fiberglass with Jandy aquapure saltwater chlorinator. Built in 2006.

Postby jap » Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:53

Can't change my cheapness, but I can call Jandy and have them explain to me that the front board is bad and needs to be replaced. Apparently if bad it will create resistance so that the voltage coming out of the transformer gets "backed up" until it blows the transformer. Hope this helps someone else. Oh yea, it was free because it was still under warranty, 3 yr warranty, who would have thought!
DerekThype
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Watch Stream The Penguin Counters Solarmovie openload

Postby DerekThype » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 02:34

Create your own movie list. Full length movie for free with streaming servers available all over the world to watch Online also includes a portal that is very much better which provides every single movie that is available on the internet with the best possible servers over the globe to let you watch online and enjoy what is better and what is best. Watch the movie "" online you can for free in good quality without registration.

==> Watch / Download: The Penguin Counters

Watch movie tamilyogi
What a cool Movie?
download 480p
Without Membership
Best Place to Watch Online Online
trailer 2018 full movie
Watch movie 1080p download
Watch it Online
movie 123movies
download 5Shared
full movie watch online fmovies
Online Watch TV Series
Movie English Full Download
movie download for mobile
full movie you tube
Watch Putlocker Online Free
Watch Online Metacritic
Where
Download HDQ
[Putlocker-HD]-Watch! Movie Online Full and Free [2018]
Online couchtuner
What
live online: Will Meera save HDan
Watch Full Movie Online Stream
you immediately watch or download
movie download in hindi
Watch Movie Online Free megashare
Watch movie tamil dubbed download
Movie Watch Online
Source
counter
Watch HD Full Online
Watch Online (2018) Stars
full movie to watch
Watch 2018 Online HD 1080p

Watch full movie dual audio download Watch Online Free Streaming fmovies Watch movie vietsub hd full watch Online Stream movie villain release date in india in spanish Watch movie beta ray bill movie you tube Watch movie watch online in tamil Watch Online Online s1xe1 Online Watch TV Series Online ,trailer: civil in hindi download filmywap Watch Online instanmovie Watch movie todaypk Watch movie sub indonesia Online HBO 2018 Watch Online movie 1080p Full Movie: Movie #1 Preview (HBO) - YouTube Online HBO 2018, TV live steam: Watch online Fast Download Watch Online s1xe1 Watch Stream [Movie] Full Movie 2018 live steam: Watch online Online Putlocker Watch movie youtube Watch TV Series online

HDTV HDTVRIP 720p(hd) DVD5 Free Online Free DVD9 Dailymotion Online Now 1280p HDRip п»їOnline BDRIP 720px Full Length

Free Download
Download Free
Movie Stream
Download Movie
Watch Full
Movie Online
Free Stream
Watch Online
Free Watch
Download Full
Watch Movie
Free