Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
WarrenFarmGlamping

Re: Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

Postby WarrenFarmGlamping » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 07:52

I've had my saltwater system for a few years, and it's always been a bit temperamental on the 'low flow' error. Usually, it complains for a week or two each spring, but eventually realises who's boss & plays ball.

I haven't used the pool for a couple of years and this year, I'm really struggling with it. I've done my usual of tipping it up. I've cleared the air. I've cleaned the inline filter just before the flow meter. I've replaced my pump to a super-duper new sand filter with plenty of pumping oompf (my previous pump had died after unexpected winter frost). The flow is definitely the right way around. I've even taken the flow meter apart & wedged it fully open (I take the point about it being a safety control, but I wanted to check whether it was even possible to get it working, even if I have to supervise it when it's running), and cleaned a little bit of deposit from the male end of the electrical connector (there wasn't much, but just in case!). It's still giving me an error.

Any other suggestions? I didn't have anything small enough to hand to clean the female end of the connector, and I wasn't quite sure which bits people were proposing the needle nosed pliers for.
It's my birthday over the Bank Holiday Weekend next weekend & I will have lots of friends staying who's kids will want to use the pool (plus some of us big kids too), and I'm running out of time to have it all up & running. I'd rather not have to buy a new one, but perhaps that's now my only option?

I am assuming that, once the error is triggered, the catalysis stops, so there's no point just putting my earplugs in & ignoring the beep :wink:

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:52

Buy an aftermarket flow switch and wire that in.
chrisCringel
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18' above ground.

Postby chrisCringel » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 16:00

I have wired the slap up. It didn't have a magnet on it so I got one, drilled a hole in it and put it back together. I have tipped the unit up and checked to make sure the arrows are going the way of the water flow. I have unplugged the connector, cleaned and tightened it. nothing seems to work. should I just get my Springfield 40 and put it out of its missery. HELP. What would happen if I just wired the two connector posts together..

Found the problem.. Magnet wasn't powerful enough. Put in bigger magnet and checked unit with volt meter and solved the problem
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 00:09

When there is no flow it will keep trying to make chlorine and that process produces hydrogen, that must be allowed to vent and escape, without escape it could explode and also the chlorine gas is very corrosive.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”