Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
poolforumuser123

Re: Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

Postby poolforumuser123 » Mon 27 Jun, 2016 00:49

Make sure the unit is level (or at a minimum raised on the exit flow slide) or the bubbles may build up and float stream in the direction of the flow sensor.

pooluser123

Postby pooluser123 » Sat 13 May, 2017 13:51

My white flap was backwards the circle should be facing out towards the pool and when the water is flowing it should face. FYI the circle is the raised bit on one side and on the other side you have the lip on the edge. the lip is supposed to catch the water better so that is lifts the white thing up as high as it will go so the sensor will detect it.
pooluser1234

Postby pooluser1234 » Sat 13 May, 2017 13:54

My white flap was backwards the circle should be facing out towards the pool and when the water is flowing it should face up and touch the top toward the plug. The circle is the raised bit on one side and on the other side you have the lip on the edge. the lip is supposed to catch the water so that it lifts the white thing up as high as it will go so the sensor will detect it.
Crisco
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15x48 Intex metal frame, 637R filter, 8110 Saltwater, set up on 1.5 inch HD foam. First pool ever, up and running 6-2017

Postby Crisco » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 00:35

I just bought my first above ground pool, a 15x48 intex with the 637R pump and 8110 saltwater used off craigslist.
I too was getting the low flow 90 error and a google search led me here.
I tried the flip it to let the air out trick three times. You could see the air bubbles before the flip, but it still came back. Then I tried slightly crimping the terminals on the flow sensor connector, and it still did it.

For me the final fix was making sure the output hose from the pump to the saltwater unit was level.

I had the pump and saltwater unit on a riser for testing and leak testing but the outflow hose on the pump dipped into a U shape off the side of the riser before going into the saltwater unit. Once I leveled that hose out, BINGO! Problem solved for me at least.
Skiproni

Postby Skiproni » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 13:47

This worked for me. I glued the flow switch connector to the magnet so it could not drop.
WarrenFarmGlamping

Postby WarrenFarmGlamping » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 07:52

I've had my saltwater system for a few years, and it's always been a bit temperamental on the 'low flow' error. Usually, it complains for a week or two each spring, but eventually realises who's boss & plays ball.

I haven't used the pool for a couple of years and this year, I'm really struggling with it. I've done my usual of tipping it up. I've cleared the air. I've cleaned the inline filter just before the flow meter. I've replaced my pump to a super-duper new sand filter with plenty of pumping oompf (my previous pump had died after unexpected winter frost). The flow is definitely the right way around. I've even taken the flow meter apart & wedged it fully open (I take the point about it being a safety control, but I wanted to check whether it was even possible to get it working, even if I have to supervise it when it's running), and cleaned a little bit of deposit from the male end of the electrical connector (there wasn't much, but just in case!). It's still giving me an error.

Any other suggestions? I didn't have anything small enough to hand to clean the female end of the connector, and I wasn't quite sure which bits people were proposing the needle nosed pliers for.
It's my birthday over the Bank Holiday Weekend next weekend & I will have lots of friends staying who's kids will want to use the pool (plus some of us big kids too), and I'm running out of time to have it all up & running. I'd rather not have to buy a new one, but perhaps that's now my only option?

I am assuming that, once the error is triggered, the catalysis stops, so there's no point just putting my earplugs in & ignoring the beep :wink:
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:52

Buy an aftermarket flow switch and wire that in.
chrisCringel
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18' above ground.

Postby chrisCringel » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 16:00

I have wired the slap up. It didn't have a magnet on it so I got one, drilled a hole in it and put it back together. I have tipped the unit up and checked to make sure the arrows are going the way of the water flow. I have unplugged the connector, cleaned and tightened it. nothing seems to work. should I just get my Springfield 40 and put it out of its missery. HELP. What would happen if I just wired the two connector posts together..

Found the problem.. Magnet wasn't powerful enough. Put in bigger magnet and checked unit with volt meter and solved the problem
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 00:09

When there is no flow it will keep trying to make chlorine and that process produces hydrogen, that must be allowed to vent and escape, without escape it could explode and also the chlorine gas is very corrosive.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”