Drainage Problem

Tips and problems concerning filling new pools.
Spring pool opening and fall pool closing.
Seasonal pool maintenance tips & advice.
muttcuts

Drainage Problem

Postby muttcuts » Sat 29 May, 2010 06:42

I hope someone can help. This problem is driving me nuts! We have an inground concrete 10m x 5m pool in Spain. We had a leakage problem and drained the pool. We then spent 8 months in the UK and have just returned to Spain where there is about 0.5m of rain water in the bottom of the pool which is a rather attractive green colour with insects swimming in it! I have tried everything to drain it nothing works. The water is very dirty. I have primed the system, the basket next to the pump is full of water so I think there are no air locks but nothing is shifting the water. I am a bit of a novice with this so I hope someone can help me in the right direction. Thanks. Janet...

riverdogg8899
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: my pool is kidney shaped and about 12,000 gallons

Drainage Problem

Postby riverdogg8899 » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 13:20

You can go get a small sump pump at any hardware store and drain it with a hose.

If you need help, go to www.reliablepoolsolutions.com

Good luck

muttcuts wrote:I hope someone can help. This problem is driving me nuts! We have an inground concrete 10m x 5m pool in Spain. We had a leakage problem and drained the pool. We then spent 8 months in the UK and have just returned to Spain where there is about 0.5m of rain water in the bottom of the pool which is a rather attractive green colour with insects swimming in it! I have tried everything to drain it nothing works. The water is very dirty. I have primed the system, the basket next to the pump is full of water so I think there are no air locks but nothing is shifting the water. I am a bit of a novice with this so I hope someone can help me in the right direction. Thanks. Janet...

Return to “Opening / Closing / Winterizing the Pool”