New standar pool surface issues

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
zimzum83
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I am an office manager/technitian for a swimming pool building and service company. My job requires to be able to help customer with their swimming pool, but even tho I have been around pools and obtain certifications I still feel like I dont know enough about everything related to a swimming pool.

New standar pool surface issues

Postby zimzum83 » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 20:45

Hi my name is Jeffrey and I am sort of dealing with a very an usual problem with a swimming pool. The pool was build back in 1998 a 20' x 40' - 3.5 to 8' deep. it got re-plaster to a standard white plaster. as soon as the pool got plaster I started taking care of it for the customer daily and by that I mean twice a day brushing the sucker and adjusting the chemicals accordingly. I used the Lamotte Aqualink express in the mornings and Aquacheck 7 in 1 test strips in the evenings. I think I did a fair good job keeping the chemicals in check specially the pH and Calcium Hardness. On the other hand the Alkalinity was all over the place and by that I mean any where between 70ppm to 12ppm and that was just deepening of how much acid I was adding to the pool or pH minus. on my 4th day of doing my regular visit I started noticing some cracking on the pool surface. The plaster guy called it spider cracks or shrink cranks, and He said it was because it took about 4 to 5 days for the pool to completely fill up in the hot summer (temperatures of 60 to 70 degrees). At first I was like ok I will not kick a sleeping dog with the customer unless she something was mention. Second week came in and some shoe prints stared to appear in the pool surface, and it scared the crap out of me cause I don't think anyone could of jump in there with shoes. after the first month of going to the darn pool twice a day I started going once a week, and the pool has tremendous amount of spider cracks, looks like the plaster boys play soccer while plastering the pool and its so mottle it makes the united sates army camo look plain. So my questions after my very long story of this pool is: what and why did this happen? and can it be fix with out re-plastering the pool? by the way jacks magic rep saw it and sold us a chemicals to remove moisture from the bottom of the surface, and it didn't even touch or change anything but at least it didn't make it worse. If anyone could share some knowledge with me about this issue I will tremendously appreciate

thanks again for reading my long story and have a great day

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”