Pool completely gone wack, fishlike creatures evolving, help

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.

Pool completely gone wack, fishlike creatures evolving, help

Postby Guest » Tue 13 Jun, 2006 21:10

So about a year back the pol went green and needed a shock, after the shock the pump stopped working, and it turned completely green. Since there were a few leaks, and we were gonna repair the whole thing anyway, we drained it, which is where the 'fun' started.

The pool filled with rain water, got pretty bad, and we saw criket like things hanging on the walls of the pool, we drained it again, and put muratic acid in to kill everythhing. Soon after it filled with rain water again, and believe it or not, life. The life this time looked more like swimming cockroaches, grey creatures, which propelled across beneath the surface. So again, we drained, and killed, this time preparing for the repairs to be made, but with the rain, things have become a little more interesting.

In the past few days weve started too see tad pol like creatures, with eyes and tails, which eat bugs and junk on the surface, starting too appear. they are growing in size. I have seen from dine sized buggers to half dollar sized ones. My best description of them are large brown sperm looking things. Has anyone heard of this, im just curious asto what they are. Thanks for any info you can give.

Postby Guest » Tue 13 Jun, 2006 21:10

sorry about the typos, i was in a hurry!

Re: Pool completely gone wack, fishlike creatures evolving,

Postby Guest » Wed 23 Aug, 2006 12:59

Anonymous wrote:So about a year back the pol went green and needed a shock, after the shock the pump stopped working, and it turned completely green. Since there were a few leaks, and we were gonna repair the whole thing anyway, we drained it, which is where the 'fun' started.

The pool filled with rain water, got pretty bad, and we saw criket like things hanging on the walls of the pool, we drained it again, and put muratic acid in to kill everythhing. Soon after it filled with rain water again, and believe it or not, life. The life this time looked more like swimming cockroaches, grey creatures, which propelled across beneath the surface. So again, we drained, and killed, this time preparing for the repairs to be made, but with the rain, things have become a little more interesting.

I am not sure about the creatures in your pool, "BUT" you should not have your pool empty for any reason. Your pool could pop out of the ground or your liner can shrink, creating more problems
:)

In the past few days weve started too see tad pol like creatures, with eyes and tails, which eat bugs and junk on the surface, starting too appear. they are growing in size. I have seen from dine sized buggers to half dollar sized ones. My best description of them are large brown sperm looking things. Has anyone heard of this, im just curious asto what they are. Thanks for any info you can give.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”