Vacuum line no suction?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
tyesman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 33k pool with a slide / plaster / 5 light color setting / shower valve / sta rite cartilage filter

Vacuum line no suction?

Postby tyesman » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 23:29

Okay guys no suction from my vacuum line. I've checked the valves and made sure all suction is to be sucking from the vacuum. Again no suction. The pump seems to primeing on and off. I even remove the line and cover the hole. Again very little suction. I've switch it to just skimmer and i get a good psi with constant and normal filteration. I think something is clog in my pipes. very worry it might suck up something not able to break into small pieces. My kids been throwing things in the pool recently, it could be anything. is there any other way to trouble shoot. can i use a snake and try to snake it out? Really need some advice.

raja

Vacuum line no suction?

Postby raja » Tue 22 Jun, 2010 08:47

Gentle Man,

Dont use Snake for this practice .when u do Vacumming something might have gone through it and made obstruction in Vaccum Suction pipe line . Try to find out that or else bring some blower connect it to end pipe of pump suction and start.keep Vaccum fitting open . If any small stone or somethingelse there it may come out if your vacumm pipe is short.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”