swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
sandazi
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground vinyl lined 16 32

Fiberglass pool steps

Postby sandazi » Sat 19 Jun, 2010 15:40

My pool steps are 31 years old and need replacing. Liner is out. Is this difficult to do? Or does anyone know someone who does this in the Greensboro, NC area?

glassguy1

Fiberglass pool steps

Postby glassguy1 » Tue 04 Jan, 2011 11:39

The steps can be refinished for under $400. if you do the work. No experience is needed but there is some labor involved. Check out swimmingpoolresurfacing.com/steps_vinyl_liner_pool.htm. They provide the material and instructions. They invented the "DIY restoration of vinyl liner pool steps" system more than 10 years ago. Contractors charge up to $10,000. for new steps that are no better than the steps you already have, after you restore them.
It's a little easier if the liner is out, but since your new liner must be in by now, you'll just have to use a drop cloth and be a little more careful. It sure beats spending between $5,000. and $10,000. for new steps. -Glassguy1. :D
swimmingpoolbuild
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: Designer and builder of fiberglass, vinyl liner, and concrete pools. My contractor page is chadehunt.com, my ebook is at http://swimmingpoolbuild.com

Fiberglass pool steps

Postby swimmingpoolbuild » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:40

If you can restore them then do that.

Replacing steps is a big deal. You have to cut them out and jackhammer concrete behind them. The cost would be very high.

Chad

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”