cloudy light green water no ph high alk

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
dm2d3d

cloudy light green water no ph high alk

Postby dm2d3d » Wed 14 Jun, 2006 10:31

I have an above ground pool with light green cloudy water, NO ph, and VERY high alk. I adjusted the ph with a Riser, then added Muratic Acid to lower the alk, but I still have a light green cloudy pool and the Muratic Acid lowered my ph! I think I am fighting a losing battle here. How am I supposed to lower my high alk without losing my ph? And when I shock with liquid chlorine, the levels go from high to low in a matter of hours! Should I add enough acid to rid my high alk, then adjust ph, then shock? Please help.... this is getting costly!

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby PoolGuy » Thu 06 Jul, 2006 16:39

you are defetting your goal here. when you put that raiser for your PH in your pool that was good,BUt than you added Muratic Acid after you added the rasier,to lower acid in a pool you add acid,and that is why your PH is down. to get your PH up just add baking soada. no need to shock your pool,you have way to much going on in there as it is.to get the alk out of your pool just Drain 1/3 of it.there are chem for this,but they are high,and like I said you have way to many chem in there as it is.
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”