or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
reko19
I'm new here
I'm new here

Green stain on the pool perimeter

Postby reko19 » Tue 22 Jun, 2010 14:51

Hi,
I have this pool for eight years, never happened before. This year I noticed light green / gray stain on the bottom of the liner around the perimeter. It is very light and the only reason I noticed it is because it is not uniform so you could see the difference. I tried rubbing it off with my fingers but it does not come off. Any ideas?

Thanks

riverdogg8899
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: my pool is kidney shaped and about 12,000 gallons

Postby riverdogg8899 » Thu 24 Jun, 2010 12:44

Is it a vinel liner pool? If so it may just need to be cleaned.If it is a plaster pool it may need to be Acid Washed.

Pending on how long its been since the last time it was drained. It sounds like the chemicals were off a little.

If you need anything you can go to a site called reliable pool solutions . com and the have a tech tip page that may help you

Good Luck

Rob

reko19 wrote:Hi,
I have this pool for eight years, never happened before. This year I noticed light green / gray stain on the bottom of the liner around the perimeter. It is very light and the only reason I noticed it is because it is not uniform so you could see the difference. I tried rubbing it off with my fingers but it does not come off. Any ideas?

Thanks
reko19
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby reko19 » Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:36

I shocked the pull and it seemed to help. It almost looks like some of this stuff turned into dust and I was able to vacuum it out. The rest is still there, can't brush it off, even tried rubbing it off with my fingers with no luck. Is this an algae? The liner is eight years old, is it time to replace it? What are the signs of deterioration I should be looking for?

Thank you.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”